Thread: Everything about this just makes me angry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Default Everything about this just makes me angry

Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

Default Re: Everything about this just makes me angry

While I didn't agree with her about the value of fountain pens, I do know that all these offices buy gifts to distribute (down here in Louisiana, it used to be--and probably still is--Saints and Tigers tickets, despite our stupid "ethics laws" that do absolutely nothing to ferret out corruption).

My first thought was that he could have done better by buying a few cases of Varsity Pilots. Pens are the worst gifts, silver or not. They just end up in someone's drawer.

I did find her suggestions as to what to purchase instead rather humorous.

I am far more disturbed by what he's doing to the EPA than I am about what money he's spending for gifts. I, for one, like having my drinking water free of pollutants, and I would think he and his cronys would feel the same way--but I guess they plan on drinking and bathing in Dasani Water.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (June 14th, 2018), fountainpenkid (June 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Well Pruitt is a douche, and so it seems is the author of that article too; "fountain pens are mostly bullshit—the ideal pen for writing has a thinner nib, and isn't made of a hefty metal like silver." - clearly she actually has little experience of using fountain pens on a regular basis.

But... fair point, there are always 'better' pens one can buy in a greater quantity compared to lux level fountains, even if most of those said pens are designed to be disposable.

Thanks

Cool Re: Everything about this just makes me angry

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Onogaro View Post
    I am far more disturbed by what he's doing to the EPA than I am about what money he's spending for gifts. I, for one, like having my drinking water free of pollutants, and I would think he and his cronys would feel the same way--but I guess they plan on drinking and bathing in Dasani Water.
    Unfortunately, you're probably right; but, at least for now, you're still probably safer drinking tap water than bottled.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...te-us/61586739

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post

Unfortunately, you're probably right; but, at least for now, you're still probably safer drinking tap water than bottled.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...te-us/61586739
    Unless you live in Flint, MI. Or Compton, CA (a few weeks ago, city officials were handing out free bottled water to folks who live at certain addresses affected by nasty stuff coming out of the tap.

I can always taste when the city’s re-chlorinated our water supply. BLECH! I realize it kills nasty organisms but the flavor is awful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pw1224 View Post
    I can always taste when the city’s re-chlorinated our water supply. BLECH! I realize it kills nasty organisms but the flavor is awful.
    I tend to filter my tap water (though I think it still tastes pretty good even unfiltered). My grandpa boils his tap water out of habit no matter what.

While I think my grandpa's choice is probably more out of paranoia than anything (and boiling won't help much with Flint's issues), filtering isn't necessarily a bad idea if your city's water is reasonably safe but doesn't taste right to you. It also bears in mind that even if your city's water at its source is fine, who knows what could be up with the pipes in your home.

Thanks

I knew Vice was garbage, but I didn’t know just how much. Luckily, I have an extensive (30000+ rules) ad block setup, so they’re getting nothing out of my click.

Anyway, I’ve spent more than that on pens this month alone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adhoc For This Useful Post:

SIR (June 12th, 2018)