Thread: Esterbrook LJ, red, 9668 M

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default Esterbrook LJ, red, 9668 M

For your writing enjoyment, this red Esterbrook LJ features a M firm 9668 nib (9xxx are Esterbrook's desirable, long-lasting, osmiridium-tipped, Master Point nib line).

The nib, which I have aligned, is in good shape, writing relatively smoothly with some feedback.

The feed and nib produce what I consider "just right" flow with Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black, producing a bit of shading but not too dry.

I've buffed out most of the micro-scratch haze on the barrel and cap, bringing out the depth and beauty of the celluloid patterns.

However both have various scratches and dings. I didn't want to go too far with the buffing. The red color shows slight fading if you look at the barrel next to the section.

I tried to capture some of the dents and scratches in the pictures. The Esterbrook imprint isn't the strongest but is all there.

The sac appears young and in good health and I have reapplied talc. The lever works a-ok, no clearance issues, and has a strong spring (J-bar). I've used the pen a bit over the last month and had no issues.

This pen is a good writer, tough and durable and should provide a long life of beauty, utility and enjoyment. (Which is why I have a few like it)

$35 via PayPal (G&S) shipped to US, add $12 for international shipping; either via USPS first class parcel.
    Last edited by azkid; June 8th, 2018 at 11:50 AM.