Thread: Montblanc leather authentication?

Thanks

Default Montblanc leather authentication?

Hey folks so I know this is a pen forum but most of the people here are very knowledgeable about Montblanc as a brand, so I was wondering if y’all could help me authenticate this key holder ai recently received? Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 10,370 Times in 3,980 Posts

Default Re: Montblanc leather authentication?

This is the current version on the Montblanc web site and if you magnify the picture you can see their key clips. Yours don't look the same and are attached differently so I can't be sure that yours is authentic although it could be an older model. If you bought it from a Montblanc store and have the original authentic packaging and warranty booklet then it could be a previous model.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

penmainiac (February 15th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    This is the current version on the Montblanc web site and if you magnify the picture you can see their key clips. Yours don't look the same and are attached differently so I can't be sure that yours is authentic although it could be an older model. If you bought it from a Montblanc store and have the original authentic packaging and warranty booklet then it could be a previous model.
    I did a little digging and the key clips on mine say “amiiet” which apparently has supplied Montblanc with key clips in the past, perhaps this could be an authentic product from the 1980s-90s? Underneath the Montblanc logo is the line “the art of writing” which also appears on the box of my early 1990s 149…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Montblanc is a luxury brand known for its high-quality leather goods. If you are considering purchasing a Montblanc leather product, it is important to authenticate it to ensure that it is genuine. There are a few things you can look for to authenticate a Montblanc leathercraft tools product:

The stitching. The stitching on a Montblanc leather product should be even and tight. There should be no loose threads or uneven stitching.
    The embossing. The embossing on a Montblanc leather product should be deep and clear. The Montblanc logo should be centered and easy to read.
    The hardware. The hardware on a Montblanc leather product should be made of high-quality metal. It should be free of scratches or dents.
    The packaging. A Montblanc leather product should come with original packaging. The packaging should be made of high-quality materials and should have the Montblanc logo prominently displayed.

If you are unsure about the authenticity of a Montblanc leather product, you can contact Montblanc customer service for assistance. They will be able to help you authenticate the product and provide you with a certificate of authenticity if it is genuine.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,370 Times in 3,980 Posts

^^^^^ Gertyyeds is a spambot that has been reported
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens