Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mystery Ink #19

Thanks

Default Re: Mystery Ink #19

Vanness still shows stock of Pacific Blue, but that's international shipping to get to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby921 View Post
    Vanness still shows stock of Pacific Blue, but that's international shipping to get to you.
    Thanks for that. If I'm really lucky they might still have a bottle next June when I return to Florida....Fingers crossed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Thanks for that. If I'm really lucky they might still have a bottle next June when I return to Florida....Fingers crossed.
    Lamy confirmed the ink is still the same. Are you just looking to have the older Pacific Blue packaging and cap? Remind me next summer when you're headed this way for vacation. If my bottle is empty I'll send it, or at least the cap, and the box to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Lamy confirmed the ink is still the same. Are you just looking to have the older Pacific Blue packaging and cap? Remind me next summer when you're headed this way for vacation. If my bottle is empty I'll send it, or at least the cap, and the box to you.
    You're right. It is just the box that looks more attractive than the standard box, and is easier to instantly pick out as an ink colour than the standard grey box. I don't know what colours the caps are. Thanks for the offer, I'll make contact with you again next year.

Thanks

Bike scars turn out to be cool, particularly after the story gets "enhanced" in the re-telling!

Thanks

I've just about finished the last few drops of my sample. Overall the ink behaves well, as I'd expect from a Lamy ink. Like most inks, there's a big difference in color depending on the nib. What I think should be considered the actual color of the ink, turquoise, has never been a favorite of mine. This is the color I get when using the ink with most nibs that aren't too wet and not too dry. There's a little shading, just enough to make the ink interesting without being distracting. If this is a color you like you should enjoy the ink.

When I use the ink with a wet nib I get a dark turquoise with the tiniest little bit of pink sheen along the edges of the lines. There's still some shading but not as much as with a normal-wet nib (and there's less shading with wetter nibs, as expected). I really like this dark turquoise and hope to find an ink of similar color that doesn't require a super wet nib. I have a few ideas but haven't had time to really search and sample yet.

Thanks again Scooby for hosting the mystery ink.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mulrich For This Useful Post:

azkid (July 31st, 2018), Sailor Kenshin (July 31st, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

I ended up buying a pack of cartridges (and a Safari to use them in). Love the color of this one for sure!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

There are a few places that still have limited stocks of Pacific Blue bottles. I bought one last week from a U.K. stockist.