Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterman 7 pink nib..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Re: Waterman 7 pink nib..

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post
    The Pink nib has controllable flex. It is not sloppy like, say, an Imperial 101, but does not need much conscious pressure to open up either. It also snaps back very actively making transitions from broad to narrow sharp and precise. It rewards a fluid hand that does not pause, but writes all the way through. Unfortunately that is not me anymore as I now have advanced arthritis. I used to use it and an early Waterman Persian 94 to write to my mother because she learned to read and write in a style of writing these pens were made for.
    The Hunt Imperial 101 (and yes I have a few that I use) is not a sloppy instrument. It has a high degree of precision. However, it does require skill to use. Perhaps what you are seeing here is that a Waterman Pink nib requires less skill. Don't blame the tools!

Thanks

I happened to buy three Vintage Watermans last week.
    All three pens are great and in good conditions.
    But one pen seems to be Odd as the pen seems a "Franken Pen". It was due to the strangely faded Hard rubber cap and the condition of the worn-out, skipping states of the nib. It write very very dry. Not a normal character from an Old waterman. It seems a nib badly ground by some one like me. So I had desided to change that Obelique italique nib into an old fine italique 14kt Ideal nib . It is temporarly until I fix this nib to reconstruct into a new broad Italique ( by redoing the tip meterial and getting regrounded by Fountaain Nib .com in Spain. I have already experience of there work.

This pen is a lovely pen . I'll post the rest of the two Pens soon when I get the photos.

IMG_1767-copy.jpghttps://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=45888&d=1552832909&thu mb=1&stc=1
    Last edited by Cyril; March 17th, 2019 at 08:53 AM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cyril For This Useful Post:

Adicus (June 5th, 2022), pajaro (August 14th, 2020), Pterodactylus (March 17th, 2019), Scrawler (June 4th, 2022)

Thanks

Well hello again,
    I just happened to buy my first PINK NIB and I am sure this pen is the that is going to host it. I am very happy and excited.
    Can someone tell me what is the worth of a good pink nib, please?
    This nib I got is not very shiny but once it is cleaned and polished it will look better.

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70420[/ATTACHi

At last I got a N05 waterman's In "red nib". I am so excited to see this pen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cyril For This Useful Post:

Adicus (June 5th, 2022), eachan (June 4th, 2022), Robalone (June 4th, 2022), Scrawler (June 4th, 2022)