Thread: Vaccum Fil restored

Thanks

Default Vaccum Fil restored

I recently posted a question over on the repair forum regarding getting the brass knob off of a plunger shaft and got exactly no love. I finally got the knob off and quickly realized after cleaning the old ink out that I had a reticulated barrel with reasonable transparency. I did a thorough cleaning and replaced the gasket, etc. then updated the post but then realized it might get more interest here. The first picture is of the barrel during the cleaning process, the second and third pictures are with it's brother and the final picture is a family portrait....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sagebrush64; July 9th, 2018 at 11:54 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sagebrush64 For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (July 8th, 2018), popcod (July 8th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Vaccum Fil restored

I love when this happens! Still haven't learned to do this repair myself but I always unscrew the section and flush just to see what I have before sending them off to repair.

THAT is a stunning pen and an impressive Sheaffer sub-brand collection. Pens in blue and brown marble are very tough to come by. I've had only one, which was a twist-filler but I wouldn't be surprised if the lever fillers are scarcer. I'm envious of your OS Screaming Souls models too. I've managed to gather an example of most of the Sheaffer sub-brand colors with NPT, but the big ones have always eluded me.

aka Estragon (FPN); popcodswallop (Reddit)

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to popcod For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (July 8th, 2018), Sagebrush64 (July 9th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Vaccum Fil restored

Thank you, I just picked up the brown and green lever filler....your 4th from the left and I like the lizard skin celluloid, but seems to have eluded me thus far.
    The black reticulated was quite by luck as it was advertised and showed as a solid black pen in the photos, so I was very pleased to discover it's true stripes during the cleaning process.
    Repair of the vac fillers is pretty straight forward if you have the parts needed (David Nishimura has the gaskets and packing replacements). There are a couple youtube videos out there on how it's done.