Thread: Onoto De la Rue of London.

Thanks

Default Onoto De la Rue of London.

I am sure some of you guys know about this pen as you love Vintage pens and know about this Pen too. I am going to talk about the old vintage (antique) hard rubber pen, ONOTO de la Rue, " The Pen".

I got crazy I bought three Pens. All three pens need repair/ service/ refurbishing as they are very old belongs to the time 1930-1940 undoubtedly. These pens are "vacuum fill Plunger" self filling, that works with well sealing and rubber/Cork piston. I have done lot of research and found a resource to buy all the parts and this pen is more difficult to service unless you are very experienced. but I am opting for doing it myself although I have Zero experience in pen restoration. But I am a can do-to-do guy and nothing has missed me. And moreover I am planing to restore the whole pens trying to de-oxiding the hard rubber using some chemical that I am going to test before. This is a project that I am aiming for to get at least two pens out of three. One pen is without it's original cap. I am getting ready to fly and I believe I can get over all vertigo that I am confronting.

I like to hear all your experience and comments and I very much appreciate if you have any thing to add. Thank you again.
    Last edited by Cyril; July 10th, 2018 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks

Default Re: Onoto De la Rue of London.

I would be interested to hear updates as you progress; I have not yet tackled anything but lever fillers so far.

I am curious to see how the deoxidizing goes. Hard rubber sounds tricky.

Best of luck!

Thanks

Cob is the man to advise you. He may pop into this thread but if not you can send him a PM through the board.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog
    My Pen Sales

Thanks

If you've not heard from Cob by the start of next month I can chase him for you at the London Pen Club, else you could just wander down anyway for a general pen chat - there's a mix of vintage and new pen fans there (and not limited by age as some of our younger member - still at school - prefer repairing vintage pens from playing with new ones).

Pen Club thread here is at: https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...Geek-Gathering

Thanks

Amazing everyone for joining this thread . Thanks and appreciate all your suggestions. I will come back to you soon individually to pay my humble gratitude for all the concern and help you offer. It is amazing and you are amazing... thank you million times ( mercy Mille fois !!!). ....