Thread: Visconti question

Thanks

Default Visconti question

I just got an HS Elegance and am loving it. Now I am thinking of my next Visconti. I want something that is not a normal C/C but most of the current power fillers only have ink windows on LE models. So I am thinking about some of the older style power fillers that are more like converters. Which models had these and are they any better then standard converters? I would think they would hold less them current power fillers (single or double) and about the same or a little more then the normal converter. I would mostly hope they flow better then standard converters.

I know the opera master black Guilloche and Australian pens like the Barrier Reef have them. I am sure there were other models.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

Thanks

Default Re: Visconti question

The Visconti Casanova has a roughly similar system. The barrel can be unscrewed and pulled back to provide visibility of the ink chamber on this power filler.

Thanks

I’ve had the erotic arts pen for three years now...never knew of that feature. Thank you!

Thanks

I saw that the Rotary Club Limited Edition has this filling system. I have an Opera Master Black Guilloche, and I don't think it's better than normal c/c fillers. In my understanding, normal c/c fillers have advantage of easy cleaning and maintenance while they have small ink capacity. This vacuum-style converter has just a bit larger ink capacity than conventional c/c fillers, but it is much harder to clean it. It is not detachable. Cleaning it is basically as hard as cleaning any vacuum filler.

In addition, the adhesive used to attach the vacuum converter to the grip section is not sufficiently strong. Mine was accidentally detached, and not working perfectly. It is now very loosely fitted, and not working perfectly. Yes, it works pretty well still, but not perfect.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I expect you are totally right and if you are going to go with the smaller capacity might as well be a standard C/C can can be easily cleaned or replaced.