Thread: Sheaffer Legacy Fantasy

Thanks

Default Sheaffer Legacy Fantasy

Well today, a very special pen arrived, special for a few reasons. I've been searching for a PFM in my price range (less than $300) for awhile, in vain. Finally decided to 'compromise' and look for a Legacy. Decided on a Sheaffer Legacy Fantasy series, which is a bit of a Frankenpen with section/cap from a Legacy I, and acrylic body created by a younger Franklin-Christoph pen company.

A day after I ordered the pen from Speerbob (eBay), I read about the passing of Jim Rouse who I gather was involved in the development of this pen during his time as a Franklin- Christoph nibmeister.

The pen arrived today, which is my father's 78th birthday, he passed 5 years ago.

So for a couple reasons, this pen arrived with some significant sentimental value on delivery, not to diminish the fact that it is a beauty, writes wet and smooth and is exceedingly comfortable in my hand.

This is truly a pen I'll treasure for a lifetime.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade For This Useful Post:

da vinci (July 19th, 2018), KrazyIvan (July 19th, 2018), Lady Onogaro (July 18th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 943 Posts

Default Re: Sheaffer Legacy Fantasy

That's a very handsome pen, and a nice set of circumstances around it. I hope you enjoy it for many years.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

Wade (July 19th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,040 Times in 4,011 Posts

Indeed, this was Jim's pet side-project, combining his knowledge of Sheaffer (and accumulation of parts) along with skills and materials in use while at F-C. It was a treat to find him at a pen show and look toward one end of the F-C table, where he might have set up a few of his pens. That is how I came about mine and picked it out from a number of handsome examples; Jim tested the pen and did the tiniest of touch-ups on it. Like the OP, I enjoyed the size and feel of a PFM and these have a very similar profile, weighing just a bit more.

An elegant pen from the hand of an artist and truly nice person. In our little corner of the world, it doesn't get any better than that. My goodness, we'll miss Jim.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (July 19th, 2018), Wade (July 19th, 2018)

Thanks

Thanks for the additional info Jon, I'll most certainly regret not having had the opportunity to meet Jim.