Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nathan Tardiff talks with Brian Goulet

Thanks

Default Re: Nathan Tardiff talks with Brian Goulet

Quote Originally Posted by Kulprit View Post
    A Pilot Parallel solves filled with one of Noodler's highlighter inks solves all those problems.
    Why haven't I thought of this before?! What a fantastic way to stop throwing plastic away!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spideysgirl View Post

With that being said, I do think some of his inks are gimmicky, like the highlighter inks, and the dry erase inks
    I don't think these are gimmicky at all (which is not to say he doesn't have gimmicky inks). I don't use dry/wet erase markers so I have no use for his wet-erase inks, but I do use his highlighter inks. I go through highlighters like crazy. Even before they run dry, the felt tips often get torn up or stained by inkjet inks. A Pilot Parallel solves filled with one of Noodler's highlighter inks solves all those problems. Once I made the switch I couldn't imagine going back.
    His Firefly is much more brilliant under normal light than Pelikan's Yellow Highlighter ink. The glow of the glowworm in the drawing was done with a brush pen filled with Noodler's firefly.

Next time I refill my Pelikan M205 Yellow Highlighter pen, it will be with Noodler's Firefly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BlkWhiteFilmPix; August 7th, 2018 at 07:58 AM. Reason: added drawing, link
    Bob

Making the world a more peaceful place, one fine art print and one handwritten letter at a time.

“If ‘To hold a pen is to be at war’ as Voltaire said, Montblanc suggests you show up in full dress uniform, ready to go down like an officer and a gentleman among the Bic-wielding hordes.” - Chris Wright

Paper cuts through the noise – Richard Moross, MOO CEO

www.bobsoltys.net/fountainpens

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlkWhiteFilmPix For This Useful Post:

KKay (August 7th, 2018), mlp2147 (August 8th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShugPug View Post
    A Pilot Parallel solves filled with one of Noodler's highlighter inks solves all those problems.
    Why haven't I thought of this before?! What a fantastic way to stop throwing plastic away!
    And if you have size constraints that won't allow you to use something as long as a Parallel, Platinum makes a highlighter version of the Preppy. That would still leave you dealing with felt tips, but they sell replacement tips for when the original gets all torn- and gunked-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kulprit For This Useful Post:

KKay (August 7th, 2018), SIR (August 7th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Lou View Post
    I happen to like a couple of his inks (Heart of Darkness and Massachusetts 54th), but I'm pretty careful about what pens I put them in and both of these inks are known (to the best of my knowledge) to be reasonably well-behaved. I generally try avoid his "wackier" inks, and I certainly wouldn't use any of his inks in vintage pens. Then again, I wouldn't use the vast majority of inks on the market in vintage pens either, so it's not just a Noodler's thing.
    I agree with that.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks

I have Navajo Turquoise in my Esterbrook right now. I do not plan on trying his Baystate series, but I've dabbled with many others. I doubt if I would put a Warden Series ink in my sacs. All the rest though, would most likely be fair game. I have 2 Warden Series inks, at least two to three permanent/bulletproof inks, and several others. I love all the ones I've purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideysgirl View Post
    I enjoyed the interview very much. I am a huge fan of his inks. I have several of his inks and like them all. I am on a quest to try as man as I can. One things about Noodler's I do not believe are the allegations that the ink will " eat" sacs in vintage pens. The whole idea of that happening seems so far fetched.

With that being said, I do think some of his inks are gimmicky, like the highlighter inks, and the dry erase inks.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Interesting interview. Someone once told me that they've never had two bottles of one color exactly the same. I can attest to that. Ottoman blue, and Nightshade are my examples. I will continue with Ottoman though. Love the stuff.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

KKay (August 13th, 2018)

Thanks

I truly enjoyed the interview... as well as most of Mr Tardif's commentary on his videos and I like the handmade small batch approach as I feel this is sorely missing in today's society.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mlp2147 For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (August 9th, 2018), jmccarty3 (August 10th, 2018), KKay (August 13th, 2018)

Thanks

I would love to know if Noodlers inks are made from clothing dyes given that they bond to cotton.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 588 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Itˋs not that difficult to find.

The Indian company is Kanwrite, they designed and brought out the Kanwrite Heritage Flex pen.
    Even the flex nib is the same and not a Noodlerˋs invention or design

The Nib Creaper is a rebranded Kanwrite Standard Flex pen:
    http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...in-pen-review/

And also Chelpark sold a clone/rebranded Version as Chelpark Maverick (without the flex nib):
    http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...cret-identity/

So at least all the earlier Noodler’s pens were just rebranded versions of existing Indian pens, neither the pens nor the flex nib were designed or invented or created by Noodlerˋs.

And all the marketing bla bla of the Noodlerˋs owner, like: we designed, invented, developed, manufactured, engineered ...... is just what it is, marketing bla bla......

You can say the Noodlerˋs founder is a very good marketing, PR and business man, and promoted the pens much better than the creators under his own brand, but you should not trust everything he say in his videos.
    As The Bard pointed out, there is no new thing under the sun:

https://danielkirchheimercom.files.w...ruth-v39-3.pdf
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by picautomaton View Post
    I would love to know if Noodlers inks are made from clothing dyes given that they bond to cotton.
    I think he uses an additive that binds with wood or cotton fibers. Saw it mentioned someplace, although I don't remember the additive and Tardiff never publishes the chemicals he uses.