Thread: going to college

Thanks

Default going to college

I have two granddaughters in college. One will be a freshman this year, and the other will be a junior. I decided to try to pass along some of me and my interest in fountain pens to them. So I found these Jinhao 993 Shark pens that I decided might be a fun entry for them. One granddaughter enjoys shark-themed things very much. These are only $4 pens. They come WITH a standard international converter. They have the little finger indentations in the section to encourage and teach good finger and nib placement. I asked each of them what their favorite colors are and came as close as possible with pen color and cartridge ink color.

I think they need some instruction about how to use the pens, so I wrote out instructions for each of them, using my fountain pens, of course! This way they a little bit of me too.

I used my two currently inked pens, both happen to be Noodler's. I used the Boston Safety with Brown #41 ink for some titles, and the Charlie Pen with X-Feather for all of the text.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chalkdust For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (July 22nd, 2018), Robert (July 21st, 2018), Sailor Kenshin (July 22nd, 2018), Spikermd (July 23rd, 2018), suzy01 (July 21st, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: going to college

What a nice thing to do. Good luck in your worthy effort.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (July 22nd, 2018)