Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blotting paper vs rockers?

Thanks

Default Re: Blotting paper vs rockers?

Quote Originally Posted by tintak View Post
    Thanks JBB.
    A green sheet would be perfect to re-line my desk pad. The white sheets I have will do, though they can be eye-searing during long writing sessions.
    Too bad the seller is on e-bay.
    If only I could source it from a traditional merchant,... without having to use PayPal.
    And of course, I need to have it shipped North of the Border.
    A while back I used some Canson art paper (?) as a blotter. It's not really blotter paper but it was okay and it comes in wonderful colors

JBBPensPaper an Etsy store

Thanks

Default Re: Blotting paper vs rockers?

The art paper is a great idea.
    Thanks.

(BTW, what's arranged on your pad greatly enhances the look of that mustard coloured paper.
    You must have a wonderful collection.)

Before I was able to source four large white sheets of "real" blotting paper from Pendemonium (no longer available), I also used a smooth, soft-finished art paper to cover my regulation desk-pad. My Board of Education issued a dark olive/green desk blotter till the mid 80s, but after that, art paper became the substitute.

The white blotter on my current desk-pad is not there for its blotting qualities, but to provide some padding under my writing sheets. I tend to be fairly heavy handed with my edged nibs.
    Lately I've also placed 12"X12" art cards of various pastel colours under my writing, just to help outline the edges of the paper. This works but a contrasting sheet that completely lines my desk-pad would be the best.
    Make the best of each day & be thankful.....