Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: London 'The Hole' Geek Gathering

Thanks

Default Re: London 'The Hole' Geek Gathering

Excellent stuff Rui and View. The Stoat is also able to join us. No word from Carl yet but I don't mind bringing the goat if nobody else can...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

Thanks

Since it is almost middle of the month, hopefully the goat is going to behave this time around.

Thanks

I can do the 12th of April. I did put a post on FPN. I'm going to bring the repair bag so Rui can pick a couple of things to practice on if he wishes. I put a post on FPN about doing a pen swap. One for one as the ink went so well. If anyone can come up with another theme which doesn't involve fancy dress or......blank.
    Last edited by DavidDecorator; March 17th, 2014 at 08:53 AM. Reason: I hadn't finished.

Thanks

Hi David. That would be brilliant. Looking forward to see it. Yesterday I attended the 3rd and last pen repair workshop organised by WES.

I have a duplicate bottle of Pelikan Edelstein ink Ruby colour in case someone wants it or at least some of it. Not sure what else you guys would like me to bring so please let me know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RuiFromUK View Post
    Hi David. That would be brilliant. Looking forward to see it. Yesterday I attended the 3rd and last pen repair workshop organised by WES.

I have a duplicate bottle of Pelikan Edelstein ink Ruby colour in case someone wants it or at least some of it. Not sure what else you guys would like me to bring so please let me know.
    I'll bring some more ink along and some small empty bottles if anyone wants samples. You could, if you wanted, bring that prawn recipe...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Thanks

Brother Carl is also able to make it. I'll call and reserve the usual padded cell...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I'll bring some more ink along and some small empty bottles if anyone wants samples. You could, if you wanted, bring that prawn recipe...
    Excellent suggestion. Since I always carry the prawns recipe with me what about, for everyone interested in it, bringing their favourite fountain pens and paper to write it down? It has to be fountain pens though as it is a very traditional recipe from where I come from and they might not taste right if the recipe is written down by any other means (perish the thought on an email or any other digital format)?

Actually it would be great if the person who mentioned back in December Tomoe River paper could be there so that everyone could try writing on some different paper.

Thanks

Excellent suggestion. Since I always carry the prawns recipe with me what about, for everyone interested in it, bringing their favourite fountain pens and paper to write it down? It has to be fountain pens though as it is a very traditional recipe from where I come from and they might not taste right if the recipe is written down by any other means (perish the thought on an email or any other digital format)?

Actually it would be great if the person who mentioned back in December Tomoe River paper could be there so that everyone could try writing on some different paper.
    I will bring my favourite paper for this special recipe. My favourite pen stays at home, always as I can't replace it. This thread has received one heck of a lot of attention (over 100 views in the last day) and yet it's only about us half dozen or so geeks at a local pen meet. I wonder why it receives such attention. Maybe it's the goat.

Thanks

This thread has received one heck of a lot of attention (over 100 views in the last day) and yet it's only about us half dozen or so geeks at a local pen meet.
    Nah, I think the problem is that they believe we are too FP Geeky for them and this geekiness could be contagious.

Thanks

This thread has received one heck of a lot of attention (over 100 views in the last day) and yet it's only about us half dozen or so geeks at a local pen meet.
    Nah, I think the problem is that they believe we are too FP Geeky for them and this geekiness could be contagious.
    Us? Geeky?

Blimey, we are as far removed from geeks as it is possible to be. We just enjoy fine pens and inks, with convivial company. What on earth is geeky about that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by View from the Loft View Post
    Us? Geeky?

Blimey, we are as far removed from geeks as it is possible to be. We just enjoy fine pens and inks, with convivial company. What on earth is geeky about that?
    Tell them, tell them.

Thanks

...This thread has received one heck of a lot of attention (over 100 views in the last day) and yet it's only about us half dozen or so geeks at a local pen meet. I wonder why it receives such attention. Maybe it's the goat.
    I think it is that most of us don't have a convenient Geek Gathering to attend, and as this one is the most chatty, we are living vicariously through yours. That is my excuse, anyway. And that is also why there should be more pictures!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeph For This Useful Post:

LunaAzurina (March 23rd, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeph View Post
    ...This thread has received one heck of a lot of attention (over 100 views in the last day) and yet it's only about us half dozen or so geeks at a local pen meet. I wonder why it receives such attention. Maybe it's the goat.
    I think it is that most of us don't have a convenient Geek Gathering to attend, and as this one is the most chatty, we are living vicariously through yours. That is my excuse, anyway. And that is also why there should be more pictures!
    I like to follow this thread because it is fun. Also, I visited London last fall on business, prior to InCoWRiMo and falling down the fountain pen rabbit-hole. I keep tabs on this thread because if I have the chance to return, it would be fun to meet some of you. Annie, in particular, is a riot. Lastly, I admit to being curious about the goat.
    Write buzzed. Edit sober.

Thanks

Way to call out the lurkers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LunaAzurina View Post
    Thank you Luna.

Since you are in InCoWriMo I have added your details to my small list of people to whom I post postcards whenever I travel if you are happy with it. I do not belong to InCoWriMo because I haven't got much time to do regular letter correspondence but I am more than happy to send some postcards whenever my wife and I travel. Next time we travel will be in April so expect a postcard from Northern Germany after that.

Kind regards,

Rui

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RuiFromUK For This Useful Post:

LunaAzurina (March 23rd, 2014)

Thanks

Thank you Luna.

Since you are in InCoWriMo I have added your details to my small list of people to whom I post postcards whenever I travel if you are happy with it. I do not belong to InCoWriMo because I haven't got much time to do regular letter correspondence but I am more than happy to send some postcards whenever my wife and I travel. Next time we travel will be in April so expect a postcard from Northern Germany after that.

Kind regards,

Rui
    I would absolutely love that!

Thanks

I will try to remember to take a camera. What do you want pictures of? Pens (obviously) but us lot getting inky too? Carl photographed the 'goat insemination procedure' and posted it further back in the thread.

Thanks

I like to follow this thread because it is fun. Also, I visited London last fall on business, prior to InCoWRiMo and falling down the fountain pen rabbit-hole. I keep tabs on this thread because if I have the chance to return, it would be fun to meet some of you. Annie, in particular, is a riot. Lastly, I admit to being curious about the goat.
    Everyone is curious about the goat. It really is just a bog standard goat - you know, leg in each corner, daft beard, IQ in single figures. As for riots...I only do that when Oldstoat steals chips off my plate. You would be most welcome to join us when you are next in London.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

LunaAzurina (March 24th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Is there going to be a London meet up in April? Thanks

Thanks

Hi Migo on the 12th of April. Are you popping in?