Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: London 'The Hole' Geek Gathering

Thanks

Default Re: London 'The Hole' Geek Gathering

I had a lovely time on Saturday sat in the half light attempting to consume a massive chicken breast burger, playing with inks and pens. Interesting conversation and surreal shenanigans.
    Now I've just finished playing guess the ink sample and labelled all the wonderful ones I was given. I might have got one wrong but does that really matter. I've also managed to see the photos which show the weight I have to lose. All 3.5 stone of it.

Thanks

Well Annie managed to photograph several of my chins so the diet will have to be serious. Next time I'll ask for a small fish and chips. Talking of surreal sheanaigans, I still think the hole in the wall above your head was due to someone bashing theitr head against it in an attempt to get out.

Thanks

Definitely it must have been the ink, I mean the wine. I am having terrible heartburn tonight, reason why I am up at midnight. Oh dear.

The gig was great and I enjoyed it very much albeit not having been very heavy 'heavy metal'.

Thanks

It's nice to know that there's another Rocker into Fountain Pens.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Hi folks

Saturday was really interesting and it was very nice to meet you all. Wow you all know a lot about pens and own some corkers! My little stonewashed blue Kaweco AL Sport looked a bit pathertic in such august company

But boy is that Hole dark!! David - you need to bring those brighter light bulbs you mentioned.

I must say I found the goat under the table a bit off-putting though and my Bay State Blue tattoo is really painful still - did you really have to insist I got *that* design?!

See you all next time I hope
    Marie

ps no comment about the photos but next time I'll insist on you getting a "Permission to Publish" waiver ;-)

Thanks

Oh yes. Few of us around.

David please pm me your postal details for me to send you the spare gauge that I have to help choosing the correct size of ink sac.

Thanks

Well I'm not sure they'd be much brighter as those fittings only take 40w bulbs but I think there's 25's in there at the moment. The hole above my head is where the landlord......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post

Hi folks

Saturday was really interesting and it was very nice to meet you all. Wow you all know a lot about pens and own some corkers! My little stonewashed blue Kaweco AL Sport looked a bit pathertic in such august company

But boy is that Hole dark!! David - you need to bring those brighter light bulbs you mentioned.

I must say I found the goat under the table a bit off-putting though and my Bay State Blue tattoo is really painful still - did you really have to insist I got *that* design?!

See you all next time I hope
    Marie

ps no comment about the photos but next time I'll insist on you getting a "Permission to Publish" waiver ;-)
    Also thank you for all the paper samples you gave us. Tonight I am going to try mine with a new pen I received yesterday: a vintage wood grained coloured PLATIGNUM lever filler with a very interesting nib.
    Last edited by RuiFromUK; April 15th, 2014 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDecorator View Post
    Well I'm not sure they'd be much brighter as those fittings only take 40w bulbs but I think there's 25's in there at the moment. The hole above my head is where the landlord......
    Anything will help really as I do struggle a bit in looking close at the pen nibs. Reason why I have a magnifier with a light.

Thanks

The trouble is that the management might object to that but they'd probably object more to a Halogen Tripod sight light. We'd all need sunblock if I brought one of those.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDecorator View Post
    The trouble is that the management might object to that but they'd probably object more to a Halogen Tripod sight light. We'd all need sunblock if I brought one of those.
    My wife would get suspicious if I came back from a Geeks gathering heavily tanned.

Thanks

Thanks for a lovely afternoon discussing pens, identifying a few and getting a nib tweeked.

I was going to add a pen image but not sure why clicking on image does not allow me to browse for a picture.

Best,

Adrian.

Thanks

Jeph is coming to the London Pen Show and the same day's "FP Geeks Gathering" on the first weekend of October.

Annie, do you think you will be able to bring the goat as well?

Looking forward to hear who else will be at these events!!!

Thanks

You guys made me so jealous that I had to come and play at least once. Plus, I got an offer that I could not refuse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeph View Post
    You guys made me so jealous that I had to come and play at least once. Plus, I got an offer that I could not refuse.
    Hopefully you will still be of the same opinion after attending the London gathering and the initiation procedure we provide first timers! London pen show has also got quite a lot of pen amassing possibilities. You might want to get some ink sacs there if they will be as cheap(er) as last year.

Migo984 and Adrian were at the London gathering last Saturday... it seems like it took them 3 days before they were able to post again in this forum.

On my side I am really looking forward to see you and have some serious pen talk. (poort wives, do you think they will be able to cope with our fountain pens enthusiasm? )

I am also sure you will be looking forward to see my fountain pen repairs toolbox.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RuiFromUK View Post
    Migo984 and Adrian were at the London gathering last Saturday... it seems like it took them 3 days before they were able to post again in this forum.
    It was the trauma of the tattoo.......! And don't forget we will be having another visitor to London in September/October, from Aus.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    It was the trauma of the tattoo.......! And don't forget we will be having another visitor to London in September/October, from Aus.
    With so many visitors thank goodness we are not going to meet at the usual place in October.

Thanks

Not sure what I did but I got into a real mess editing the post with the pictures so am starting again...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

Thanks

Jeph is coming to the London Pen Show and the same day's "FP Geeks Gathering" on the first weekend of October.

Annie, do you think you will be able to bring the goat as well?

Looking forward to hear who else will be at these events!!!
    This is good news. Very pleased the plan worked out. Yup, I'll bring the goat. It's a bit like getting stuck in the kitchen at parties - it is my task in life to bring the goat.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Thanks

Excellent news Jeph. We're looking forward to meeting you and so is the goat...