Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: London 'The Hole' Geek Gathering

Thanks

Default Re: London 'The Hole' Geek Gathering

Last call as I'm out tonight and tomorrow. If there's anything you want me to bring on Sunday, speak now...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Last call as I'm out tonight and tomorrow. If there's anything you want me to bring on Sunday, speak now...
    ... Or hold forever your peace!!!

Thanks

Well my WES lapel badge has disappeared so despite being a member I'm going to have to pay full price to get in as that's the only proof there is which has really annoyed me and is not the best start to the day.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

What a pleasure it was to meet up with my friends and fellow geeks for today's WES geek event. I really enjoyed my day and offer my grateful thanks to all for making it memorable.

Best wishes to all

Cob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cob View Post
    What a pleasure it was to meet up with my friends and fellow geeks for today's WES geek event. I really enjoyed my day and offer my grateful thanks to all for making it memorable.

Best wishes to all

Cob
    Nice to meet you Cob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by da vinci View Post

Best wishes to all

Cob
    Nice to meet you Cob
    Likewise Da Vinci

Cob

Non-participant
    Thanks

Yesterday the London Geeks had their October meeting over lunch at the Marquis Cornwallis opposite the WES London Pen Show. As a visitor (blow-in) from overseas I was made to feel very welcome and it was a pleasure to meet the fellow Geeks who were unable to attend the September meeting. The main topic, of course, was the pens that were purchased during the morning session of the Pen Show, so it was a bit of a show-and-tell session. Annie graciously did some surgery on the nib of one of my own vintage Parkers for which I was most grateful. It was pleasant to meet and catch up with Jeph - over from Germany, and I finally caught up with Rui.

After a pleasant meal and some stimulating conversation, we all returned over the road to find that final 'bargain'. Here's a couple of pics of proceedings.

In the first pic, from left to right clockwise - Cob, migo984, DavidDecorator, oldstoat, Annie, RuiFromUK, View From The Loft, and Jeph (well tagged). Yours truly was ensconced behind the lens and avoided spoiling the group shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 7th, 2014), Cob (October 7th, 2014), da vinci (October 7th, 2014), Jeph (October 7th, 2014), Llewellyn (October 8th, 2014), RuiFromUK (October 7th, 2014), Tony Rex (October 6th, 2014), Tracy Lee (October 7th, 2014)

Thanks

My sincere apologies but Earthdawn sent me some stickers and bookmarkers to give to the London Geeks and I forgot to distribute them with all the Sunday excitement. I have given his share to Jeph and I'll take them with me once again to the next meeting. Please remind me to hand them out.

Thanks

Anyone else interested in this paper group buy? There are 3 left...

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread....l-UK-Group-Buy

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. It was a real treasure to be able to sample so many different pens in such a short time and to meet so many of the people behind the screen names. And a special thank you to Annie for a non-trivial nib straightening on the spot. I had failed after months and special tools and she did it in minutes with her fingers. That is talent! And, of course, an Uberspecial thank you to Rui who made me an offer that I could not refuse that not only allowed me to go the the London pen show and the Geek gathering, but allowed my wife and I the opportunity to play tourist around London. I can't hold it against him that he made me buy a pen against my wishes. And I won't even get started on the Scotch! I do apologize about calling the British ale unsweetened iced tea as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeph View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. It was a real treasure to be able to sample so many different pens in such a short time and to meet so many of the people behind the screen names. And a special thank you to Annie for a non-trivial nib straightening on the spot. I had failed after months and special tools and she did it in minutes with her fingers. That is talent! And, of course, an Uberspecial thank you to Rui who made me an offer that I could not refuse that not only allowed me to go the the London pen show and the Geek gathering, but allowed my wife and I the opportunity to play tourist around London. I can't hold it against him that he made me buy a pen against my wishes. And I won't even get started on the Scotch! I do apologize about calling the British ale unsweetened iced tea as well.
    A pleasure to meet you too; next time we'll try to ensure that you sample superior examples of our national brew!

Best wishes

Cob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeph View Post
    A pleasure to meet you too; next time we'll try to ensure that you sample superior examples of our national brew!

Best wishes

Cob
    Absolutely, and Jeph will then get a more discerning second course on Scotch drinking.

Thanks

At my suggestion, mea culpa, we are going to try a new venue for our next gathering on Saturday 1st of November and I was supposed to come back with more details.

The venue I had suggested was the Bierschenke Kneipe in central London. Their website is http://bierschenke.co.uk/

They are in

4 London Wall Buildings
    Blomfield Street
    London EC2M 5NT

Tel: 0207 100 2500

That is between Liverpool Street and Moorgate tube stations. Just a couple of minutes walk from any of the stations.

The menu can be found here http://bierschenke.co.uk/food/

And most importantly their choice of beers is here http://bierschenke.co.uk/drink/

Unfortunately the meeting will be too late for us to sip the Oktoberfest Bier which Jeph tasted and I think he enjoyed.

If you want me to book a table please may I have a QUICK show of hands as there are a couple of German football matches that afternoon and the pub could be quite busy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RuiFromUK For This Useful Post:

Cob (October 16th, 2014)

Non-participant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RuiFromUK View Post
    If you want me to book a table please may I have a QUICK show of hands as there are a couple of German football matches that afternoon and the pub could be quite busy.
    Venue looks fine, Rui. Two hands up for myself and migo984. We will pass on the offer of a German football match, but is it OK if we come dressed in our Polish football kit?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murfie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RuiFromUK View Post
    Venue looks fine, Rui. Two hands up for myself and migo984. We will pass on the offer of a German football match, but is it OK if we come dressed in our Polish football kit?
    Since the matches are:

01.11.2014 02:30 PM Hamburger SV - Bayer 04 Leverkusen (TS)

01.11.2014 05:30 PM FC Bayern München - Borussia Dortmund

That should not be much of a problem. They might find it odd though.

Thanks

Hullo,

Yes Rui, include me.

Rgds
    Cob

Thanks

Sorry Rui,

I'm going to have to pass on this one as I can't get anyone to swap shifts.

Thanks

Thank you both.

So far: Migo, Murfie, Cob, Rui and his wife.

There are tables for 8 people. That should be enough so far.

Thanks

A table for 8 people has been booked for 1st November 12:00pm with instructions that TV football viewing is not necessary but very good lighting is necessary as we belong to a 'club' of fountain pen enthusiasts!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RuiFromUK For This Useful Post:

Cob (October 17th, 2014)

Non-participant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by View from the Loft View Post
    I'm going to have to pass on this one as I can't get anyone to swap shifts.
    That's a shame, Felicity. Marie and I will miss your company. Hopefully we can redress that for the December meeting.