Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: London 'The Hole' Geek Gathering

Thanks

Default Re: London 'The Hole' Geek Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Just a note about the next geek gathering. How about Saturday 8th February? Usual place.
    Any takers for this?
    At the moment I am waiting for the boss, she is stuck on delayed trains (maybe due to sun shining today?). As soon my wife calls me back I'll confirm.

Thanks

Hi Annie,

Yes I'll be there.

Kind regards,

Rui

Thanks

Just a note about the next geek gathering. How about Saturday 8th February? Usual place.
    Any takers for this?
    Sorry, I've been trying to get a swap at work and can't get one. I'm out this time around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RuiFromUK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by View from the Loft View Post
    At the meeting some one was mentioned as a possible source for the Conklin nib. Is it possible if someone could please let me know the details?

Many thanks.

Rui
    PM sent
    Thanks for the pm. I have emailed him few days ago and I still have not heard anything. Probably he has no Conklin nibs.
    I understand that Eric is working at the moment as well as pen repairs, so it may take him a while to reply.

Thanks

I understand that Eric is working at the moment as well as pen repairs, so it may take him a while to reply.

Thank you very much. I'll be a patient.

Thanks

Any takers for this?
    Sorry, I've been trying to get a swap at work and can't get one. I'm out this time around.
    Oh, that's a shame.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

Thanks

Update: So far, there's little me, Rui, oldstoat. Will email/text Stevie and Carl. Please feel free to cross post to anyone interested.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Thanks

Unfortunately Annie I have to drop out of the meeting. I had some surgery las week Thursday which requires another small procedure this coming Thursday therefore I doubt I'll be in any conditions on Saturday.

I should be more than fit for the next one though.

Now an apology. At the last meeting we were talking about how many pens each of us have. I think I mentioned around 82. Well I was wrong and during my surgery recovery period I sorted my pens out and count them.

Scroll down if you want to have a shock...

106!

Thanks

Only just seen this Rui. Sorry to hear you're out of action but on the plus side, you have a lot of pens to play with while you recover! Hope you feel better soon. xx

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your op Rui.
    I will be coming on the 8th and I will be drinking sparkling water as I'm having a month off the booze to stop it getting a hold of me (occupational hazzard).
    If you see me with an Ale in my hand then beat me.
    All I've got to do now is sort out some pens to put in the lovely wrap I bought from Annie last year some of which will need some nib smoothing.
    Unfortunately I don't really have any ink samples to share as overheads have increased and I can't afford to buy any at the moment so I might be revisiting my bag of cartridges again soon. I'll probably arrive at about 12ish if I can.
    I'll also have a couple of nibs for Annie to smooth if she'd be so kind.

Thanks

I hate to be a killjoy but I'm going to have to bail out of the meeting. Perhaps we can re-arrange for a few weeks time as life seems to have intervened for most of us. David - if you have nibs that need urgent attention you can always post them to me. PM me for details of address, charges and the like. I have ink to give away and just purchased a candidate for 'cheap pen of the month.' My first pen with a glass nib. I blame Rui completely!

Thanks

Ah Thankyou Annie. I will pm you once I've finished using the pens that need smoothing so Thankyou for that. I actually will turn up on Saturday just in case someone else does. If nothing else
    it'll be an afternoon out for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDecorator View Post
    Ah Thankyou Annie. I will pm you once I've finished using the pens that need smoothing so Thankyou for that. I actually will turn up on Saturday just in case someone else does. If nothing else
    it'll be an afternoon out for me.
    For info, Carl is otherwise engaged, no idea about Stevie and View from The Loft is also unavailable. Not sure about anyone else. Hoping we can all get together soon. Perhaps some date suggestions for late Feb/early March??? I think we are all agreed that Saturdays are better than Sundays.

Thanks

Ok, so yes I was looking forward to it most things I look forward to don't turn out as planned so I must stop doing that.
    How about "Saturday the First of March" which is a lovely day because it's St . David's day and it would be nice to meet some friends then. About 13:30 or so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDecorator View Post
    Ok, so yes I was looking forward to it most things I look forward to don't turn out as planned so I must stop doing that.
    How about "Saturday the First of March" which is a lovely day because it's St . David's day and it would be nice to meet some friends then. About 13:30 or so.
    Right at this moment, I know exactly how you feel.

Thanks

I hate to be a killjoy but I'm going to have to bail out of the meeting. Perhaps we can re-arrange for a few weeks time as life seems to have intervened for most of us. David - if you have nibs that need urgent attention you can always post them to me. PM me for details of address, charges and the like. I have ink to give away and just purchased a candidate for 'cheap pen of the month.' My first pen with a glass nib. I blame Rui completely!
    Just when I was about to post that I was going there! I am recovering very fast and between today and tomorrow I should be fine to go on Sunday.

No problem. I'll follow the thread until the next date has been firmed.

Great to hear you finally found a glass nib pen. I know you have been looking for one for a while.

Next time we meet I also have a little present for you as a thank you for having helped me with the Pelikan M800 which is still somewhere in Germany for repairs. No, the little gift is not a glass nib pen.

Thanks

Glad to hear you're better Rui. My plans fell through so I will be in central London tomorrow (Saturday 8th.) I'll swing by The Hole at 13:00. If anyone is there, great. No problem if everyone is busy, I will shuffle off and find some trouble to get into.

Thanks

Glad to hear that you're healing well Rui.

After the last couple of days, I could really do with good company in pleasant surroundings talking pens. No such luck - I'll be catching up with the work that was postponed while I was truly back on the front line.

Ah well, there's always next time ...

Thanks

Thank you both for the wishes.

On Saturday I was still a bit drowsy (drowsier than I am at the moment as it takes a bit of time every time I have anaesthetic) so I did not want to venture going to London on my own.

No worries I'll keep Annie's little gift pen safe so that when she gets it will be a bit more vintage.

Thanks

Thank you both for the wishes.

On Saturday I was still a bit drowsy (drowsier than I am at the moment as it takes a bit of time every time I have anaesthetic) so I did not want to venture going to London on my own.

No worries I'll keep Annie's little gift pen safe so that when she gets it will be a bit more vintage.
    Goodness, I am intrigued! I hope your Pelikan is back by the time we next meet up. I did swing by The Hole and the place was rammed with people. Still I managed to amuse myself and didn't get covered in ink this time.