Thread: DC Pen show aka "the Greatest Show on Earth" is around the corner?

Thanks

Default DC Pen show aka "the Greatest Show on Earth" is around the corner?

All right, who is coming to the DC pen show? I will be there on Sunday and plan to spend a few hundred dollars, as usual.. I know a few vendors are boycotting the event, but it should still be an awesome show. Its been huge the last few years. Who is going, how much do you anticipate spending, and is there anything in particular you are looking for?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EricTheRed For This Useful Post:

Frank (July 28th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: DC Pen show aka "the Greatest Show on Earth" is around the corner?

I believe the Philadelphia pen show is billed as the greatest show on earth.

Thanks

I haven't been to the DC show yet--am planning to go this year for a day. I agree with Richard Binder's social media post from May that expresses the show's shoddy (my word, not Binder's) organization online. Binder's logo is on the DC FB page, but as far as I know, he's not attending. Brian Grey, from Edison Pens, is declining for different reasons, though. Like you, I'm expecting less from this "super show," but am still going to take a day trip there.

Thanks

It should be this year. Calamus and Sailor Kenshin will be performing "Born Under a Bad Sign" a cappella as the Baystate Blues Brothers.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,443 Times in 2,523 Posts

I'm attending as a visitor Saturday only, but do not look for my tables in 2018.

Thanks

I'm debating going. I used to go every year, but was put off by the venue difficulties last year. There was a lot of gridlock in the front room, and the ink table was more isolated rather than "out in the open" as it was at the old venue. The hallway in back was very narrow and difficult to navigate and to actually get to the tables. The hotel at Tyson's had a nicer set up, though Tysons is tougher to get to and to get parking. I live about 30 minutes away, but last year really put me off.