Thread: Crazy waits for a 146 EF

Thanks

Default Crazy waits for a 146 EF

Anyone know why it's so hard to buy a new 146 with an extra-fine nib? There are literally none available in either the US or France (I was traveling so I checked while I was there). Instead I had to buy a medium and send it into the factory for a nib replacement, but now I'm stuck waiting 6 weeks while they order an extra-fine nib from Germany. It's difficult to understand why it's that hard to get a pretty standard pen.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,472 Times in 4,007 Posts

Default Re: Crazy waits for a 146 EF

I'm not sure that a 146 with an EF nib would be considered as "a pretty standard pen." When WE pens are issued they have M, F or B nibs. They are probably considered as pretty standard, while other nibs need to be ordered.

Boutiques have to buy these pens in and keep them in stock until they sell them, so it makes sense for them to order in those that they sell most regularly. If they don't sell those with EF nibs regularly, then they prefer to sell them via the Montblanc free nib exchange scheme.

I remember my best friend once buying a 149 with an OBB nib that came from stock on Old Bond Street. So boutique stocks can differ.

Thanks

Default Re: Crazy waits for a 146 EF

Sending good energy out that the EF nib arrives, the nib swap gets done quickly, and that you enjoy your pen.

La Couronne du Comte's website lists available nibs for the 146 and 149 from EF up to to OBB.

https://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/web...in-p-1780.html
    Last edited by BlkWhiteFilmPix; August 1st, 2018 at 12:11 PM.
    Bob

Making the world a more peaceful place, one fine art print and one handwritten letter at a time.

“If ‘To hold a pen is to be at war’ as Voltaire said, Montblanc suggests you show up in full dress uniform, ready to go down like an officer and a gentleman among the Bic-wielding hordes.” - Chris Wright

Paper cuts through the noise – Richard Moross, MOO CEO

www.bobsoltys.net/fountainpens