Thread: Platinum Izumo Sora-Tame (very similar to Ao-Tamenuri) w/18k Fine Nib

Thanks

Default Platinum Izumo Sora-Tame (very similar to Ao-Tamenuri) w/18k Fine Nib

I'm selling a mint condition Platinum Izumo Sora-tame. This pen comes with the president nib, which is two-tone-ish 18k in the fine size. It also has a gold clip. The sora-tame is a dark green finish. It reminds me of the long discontinued Ao-tame finish from Nakaya. Some have compared it to heki-tamenuri, but that is brown over green. This izumo is black over dark blue-green. hence, the ao-tame comparison. This pen has metal threads, but it is black not the gold; that is, it is a newer version of the izumo. The old one had gold metal threads. It comes with all original packing materials, including wooden box, outer white box, the new Platinum Kimono, and a converter. See pictures below, including a comparison shot with a heki-Tamenuri to show the difference. Asking price is $355, shipped. US and PayPal only.
    Last edited by mcmck; September 13th, 2018 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Platinum Izumo Sora-Tame (very similar to Ao-Tamenuri) w/18k Fine Nib

Pictures are up. I’m including photos of the heki finish to show that the Izumo sora is more akin to the Ao-tame finish.

Thanks

Default Re: Platinum Izumo Sora-Tame (very similar to Ao-Tamenuri) w/18k Fine Nib

That DOES look like the dear departed Ao Tamenuri!

Great seller too!

Thanks

Still available! New price: $392, shipped!

Thanks

Price drop: $355 shipped!

Thanks

That's a great deal for that pen. I need to stop looking at this page, it's too tempting.