Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Details - The Pocket Tomoe River Notebook by Pebble Stationery Co.

Thanks

Default Details - The Pocket Tomoe River Notebook by Pebble Stationery Co.

Introducing the Pocket Tomoe River Notebook by Pebble Stationery Co.

IMG_3451 small.JPG

This notebook was developed from a love of writing, creating, organising and learning and a love of pocket notebooks. After years of using pocket notebooks, we couldn’t find one that we really loved, so we decided to design and develop our own.

Being users of pocket notebooks, we found that typically pocket notebooks had too few pages – we were constantly migrating tasks and lists and didn’t have the right notes with us because they were in the previous notebook. The paper quality usually couldn’t handle fountain pens, and we snagged clothing and fingers and scratched our pens on the staples.

With this in mind, our notebooks have been designed with portability and function in mind. We’ve chosen to use 52 gsm Tomoe River Paper, well known in the fountain pen community for its performance, which is thin enough to allow us to add more pages per notebook whilst keeping it light and portable. Tomoe River paper is well known for its qualities and fountain pen friendliness. Not only does it behave with fountain pens, its thin enough to cram more pages in, so that 80 pages only measures in a <3mm thick, making it thin enough to keep in your pocket.

IMG_3488 small.JPG

Our notebooks have been designed using 300gsm covers, ensuring that they are sturdy enough for your Everyday Carry but flexible enough to fit in your back pocket. We’ve made sure that our notebooks are minimalist and classic in style – we want them to fit in no matter where you are – whether out on adventure or in the boardroom.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 9.57.12 AM.png

The Pocket Tomoe River Notebook by Pebble Stationery Co. will be available soon through Kickstarter. Visit our website at www.pebblestationeryco.com to be notified when the campaign goes live, or follow us on Instagram @Pebblestationeryco to join our journey.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default Re: Details - The Pocket Tomoe River Notebook by Pebble Stationery Co.

Cool! I signed up.

Good luck and best wishes with the Kickstarter!

Having done a KS once, and knowing the stress and work involved, I mean that with deepest sincerity.

Thanks

Thanks for your support!

Thanks

Just a bit of an update to the details posted, we've actually decided to increase the cover cardstock weight to 350gsm to make it a bit more sturdy. Some feedback and testing has shown that the 300gsm could do with being just a tad thicker.

Thanks

Hi All,

Its been a little over a month since my last post so I thought I would update you on our Kickstarter product launch and post some photos of our latest, pre-production samples.

Firstly, we are now just under 2 weeks to go for our Kickstarter campaign launch scheduled for the 5th of November. All of our reward numbers are capped, so get your pledges in early, if you don’t want to miss out.

Based on some advice from our manufacturer and subsequent user tests, we’ve changed the dot grid from 5mm to 4mm, which will provide more space to write in for a notebook of this size. This is about the same size grid as Hobonichi planners, which is around 3.9mm.

Here are some photos from our pre-production samples – these are about 95% identical to the final product and have been through the exact sample production process as the final version.

3U3A1177.jpg3U3A1072.jpg3U3A1075.jpg3U3A1085.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pebblestationeryco For This Useful Post:

azkid (October 26th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

Signed up for notification. Do you sell covers as well?
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

HI Vert Olive, not yet unfortunately. We're just starting out as a company, so this is our very first product. Thanks for signing up and for your support! We'll look to add new products in the new Calendar Year.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pebblestationeryco For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (October 27th, 2018)

Thanks

Still eagerly awaiting the Kickstarter!

Thanks

Thanks Azkid! We're nearly there! 1 week to go.

Thanks for your support!

Thanks

Hi All,

The Pocket Tomoe River Notebook Kickstarter is now LIVE!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...project_build#

All rewards are limited, and there are special Early Bird Rewards that are even more discounted than the already discounted Kickstarter prices.

The Campaign closes on the 5th of December.

Thanks to everyone in advance for their support!

Warm regards,

Lois

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pebblestationeryco For This Useful Post:

azkid (November 4th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

I'm in!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

Backed and tweeted. Seems like these would be nice as holiday gifts.

Thanks

Thanks for your support guys! I really appreciate it!

Thanks

Would have loved some pledge options *without* pencils... they're of no interest to me . But good luck with the campaign!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,362 Times in 3,977 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eciton View Post
    Would have loved some pledge options *without* pencils... they're of no interest to me . But good luck with the campaign!
    Me too. I would have bought the Notebook by itself.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 4,642 Times in 1,129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Likewise. Backed it anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Likewise. Backed it anyway.
    Hmmm Difficult decision.

Thanks

I'm in! Good luck guys!

Thanks

Perhaps I should just jump in anyway.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say a big thank you for all of your support. We have successfully fulfilled all of our rewards for this Kickstarter campaign, one month ahead of schedule and were able to donate 200 pencils to the children of the Shree Annapurna Panchakanya Primary school in Nepal, who were severely affected by the Earthquake of 2015, which are now on their way to Nepal now.

For anyone who is keen, our website is now live www.pebblestationeryco.com where we will post more information on the school we have supported from this campaign when the kids receive their pencils, hopefully later on this month.

Thanks!

Lois and Joohn

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pebblestationeryco For This Useful Post:

azkid (January 22nd, 2019)