Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Rep power - what is it???

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rapidray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 116 Times in 73 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Rep power - what is it???

    I see this and was wondering just what is it. I put it in the search and only power pops up. Thanks in advance.
    0.5mm vs 0.7mm graphite sizes is much like 9mm vs 45acp...they both work if you know what you are doing. - me

    Looking for Caran d'Ache Type 55 2mm set and Rotation .7 pencils.

  2. #2
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,117
    Thanks
    4,282
    Thanked 7,340 Times in 2,910 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Whenever you post on a thread, other members can see 3 options directly below your profile details on the left hand side of your post.

    They are (from left to right) to give Thanks to the poster, to add to this user's Reputation (asterisk), and to Report a post.

    When you are reading a post and you wish to add to the user's reputation, you press the Reputation asterisk. A box comes up asking you if you liked the post and then you can give Positive, Neutral or Negative Reputation to the poster of that post.

    You also get an award automatically on the anniversary of when you joined FPG. I'm not sure exactly how that award works, but I think it just adds 1 point to your total number of points.

    To see your total number of reputation points click on Settings in the top Right hand corner. There you can see the latest reputation you've received, as well as your current points total.

    If you click on Forum then click on the Community tab, the Reputation Board is on a drop down menu there. You can see what reputation you have left for other members, and if you can find your name in the column for reputation received, then click on it, you will see all of the reputation you have received. If you're fortunate enough to have received any.

    For more information I suggest you read This thread, as well as This one. There are probably others if you do a search.

    Once you have left someone reputation of any kind, you have to spread some more reputation around before you can leave reputation for the same member again. A box pops up to tell you if you can't give any more reputation to that member.

    Hope this helps, and may all of your reputation awards be positive.
    Last edited by Chrissy; September 20th, 2018 at 03:41 PM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    BlkWhiteFilmPix (November 11th, 2018), Medieval (September 20th, 2018)

  4. #3
    Senior Member Jon Szanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanks
    6,550
    Thanked 9,290 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Chrissy and I go back and forth on this. I would adore her even if she had a rep of 1. If you go chasing rep points, just also be aware that there are people who never, ever care about them. I only care about what a person writes and what I read of theirs.

    However, at some point my rep passed an arbitrary number and I now have x-ray vision. True fact.




    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

    dfo (November 11th, 2018), Morgaine (November 16th, 2018)

  6. #4
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,117
    Thanks
    4,282
    Thanked 7,340 Times in 2,910 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Chrissy and I go back and forth on this. I would adore her even if she had a rep of 1. If you go chasing rep points, just also be aware that there are people who never, ever care about them. I only care about what a person writes and what I read of theirs.

    However, at some point my rep passed an arbitrary number and I now have x-ray vision. True fact.
    True fact? Wow. But thank you for your sweet comment.

    I've been on 88 points for quite some time now, but don't have x-ray vision yet. Isn't 88 a lucky number in China?
    Last edited by Chrissy; September 20th, 2018 at 03:55 PM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  7. #5
    Senior Member Jon Szanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanks
    6,550
    Thanked 9,290 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Chrissy and I go back and forth on this. I would adore her even if she had a rep of 1. If you go chasing rep points, just also be aware that there are people who never, ever care about them. I only care about what a person writes and what I read of theirs.

    However, at some point my rep passed an arbitrary number and I now have x-ray vision. True fact.
    True fact? Wow. But thank you for your sweet comment.

    I've been on 88 points for quite some time now, but don't have x-ray vision yet. Isn't 88 a lucky number in China?
    I don't know. It's basically my favorite Aurora pen, though.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  8. #6
    Senior Member Rapidray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 116 Times in 73 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Thanks everyone. Now I know. Not into points so I don’t have to worry about that.
    0.5mm vs 0.7mm graphite sizes is much like 9mm vs 45acp...they both work if you know what you are doing. - me

    Looking for Caran d'Ache Type 55 2mm set and Rotation .7 pencils.

  9. #7
    Senior Member Jon Szanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanks
    6,550
    Thanked 9,290 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidray View Post
    Thanks everyone. Now I know. Not into points so I don’t have to worry about that.
    Yeah, but don't overlook that x-ray vision thing. Really comes in handy at times.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  10. #8
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,117
    Thanks
    4,282
    Thanked 7,340 Times in 2,910 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidray View Post
    Thanks everyone. Now I know. Not into points so I don’t have to worry about that.
    Yeah, but don't overlook that x-ray vision thing. Really comes in handy at times.
    X-ray vision came in handy for Superman.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    Jon Szanto (November 11th, 2018)

  12. #9
    Senior Member FredRydr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    4,059
    Thanks
    1,048
    Thanked 4,758 Times in 2,021 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Do you get a free coffee when you accumulate 100 points? And do points expire at the end of the month?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

    Jon Szanto (November 11th, 2018)

  14. #10
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,117
    Thanks
    4,282
    Thanked 7,340 Times in 2,910 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Do you get a free coffee when you accumulate 100 points? And do points expire at the end of the month?
    I wouldn't know. I've never got there, and at the rate I'm going I'll be pushing up daisies before I do.

    I don't think they "expire" once they are on there.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    Jon Szanto (November 11th, 2018)

  16. #11
    Senior Member jar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Deep South Texas
    Posts
    3,961
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 3,620 Times in 1,571 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    I thought it was all just a joke until the checks started coming in the mail.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

    Jon Szanto (November 11th, 2018), Stands on Feet (July 24th, 2021), Yazeh (July 25th, 2021)

  18. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SFO USA
    Posts
    1,210
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 967 Times in 497 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    I was able to trade my points in to save whales. I thought it a worthwhile cause. When I get enough, this time I’m going to save a tiger or a rhino.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

    FredRydr (November 11th, 2018), Jon Szanto (November 11th, 2018)

  20. #13
    Senior Member VertOlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Gulf of Mexico
    Posts
    3,859
    Thanks
    4,037
    Thanked 3,709 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Points can be rolled over month to month. Saving mine for that vintage Caddy...
    Last edited by VertOlive; November 10th, 2018 at 11:32 PM.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

    FredRydr (November 11th, 2018), Jon Szanto (November 11th, 2018)

  22. #14
    Senior Member Jon Szanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanks
    6,550
    Thanked 9,290 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Redeem your Rep Power Points TODAY!

    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

    Bisquitlips (May 25th, 2019), Chrissy (November 11th, 2018), countrydirt (November 11th, 2018), FredRydr (November 11th, 2018), Sagebrush64 (November 11th, 2018)

  24. #15
    Senior Member Sagebrush64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Puget Sound area
    Posts
    347
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 59 Times in 36 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Oooooh Soooooo SWANK. Gotta have the English Leather and the bill fold to let everyone know I'm a high roller!!

    That's a good one Jon

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sagebrush64 For This Useful Post:

    Jon Szanto (November 11th, 2018)

  26. #16
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,117
    Thanks
    4,282
    Thanked 7,340 Times in 2,910 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Wot no pens?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  27. #17
    Senior Member NibsForScript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    The beautiful coast of Maine
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    580
    Thanked 133 Times in 67 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Quote Originally Posted by Sagebrush64 View Post
    Oooooh Soooooo SWANK. Gotta have the English Leather and the bill fold to let everyone know I'm a high roller!!

    That's a good one Jon
    Oooh can I add some green stamps to my points to get some of this cool stuff.. This brought a good chuckle over morning coffee. Thanks!!!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to NibsForScript For This Useful Post:

    Jon Szanto (November 11th, 2018)

  29. #18
    Senior Member penwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Dallas, as in the 80's TV Series
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    2,642
    Thanked 5,095 Times in 1,698 Posts
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Whenever you post on a thread, other members can see 3 options directly below your profile details on the left hand side of your post.

    They are (from left to right) to give Thanks to the poster, to add to this user's Reputation (asterisk), and to Report a post.

    When you are reading a post and you wish to add to the user's reputation, you press the Reputation asterisk. A box comes up asking you if you liked the post and then you can give Positive, Neutral or Negative Reputation to the poster of that post.
    I've been on FPG for a long while now and this is the first time I learn how to affect the Rep number. Thanks Chrissy!!
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

    Chrissy (November 11th, 2018)

  31. #19
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,117
    Thanks
    4,282
    Thanked 7,340 Times in 2,910 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Whenever you post on a thread, other members can see 3 options directly below your profile details on the left hand side of your post.

    They are (from left to right) to give Thanks to the poster, to add to this user's Reputation (asterisk), and to Report a post.

    When you are reading a post and you wish to add to the user's reputation, you press the Reputation asterisk. A box comes up asking you if you liked the post and then you can give Positive, Neutral or Negative Reputation to the poster of that post.
    I've been on FPG for a long while now and this is the first time I learn how to affect the Rep number. Thanks Chrissy!!
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by Chrissy; November 11th, 2018 at 01:16 PM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  32. #20
    Senior Member Chip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 271 Times in 112 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Rep power - what is it???

    Seems like there must be quite a few people who post expecting the recipient to do the same: like for like.

    Haven't paid any attention to it so far, nor will I do so in the future.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •