Thread: Parker 25 factory Italic?

Thanks

Default Parker 25 factory Italic?

I received a small lot of English Parkers and in that lot was a Parker 25 Flighter. No big surprises there. Under all the crud there was a fantastic italic nib. It was not a cheesy calligraphy set sort of italic, but the sort of factory italic or oblique nib that you hope to find out of the box when you buy a nice Parker or Sheaffer. Glassy-smooth, crisp, lots of nice line variation, great for extended writing. Not something I was expecting.

So, the question is, did they even make a Parker 25 with italic nibs? I thought they were f/m/b only. Did they make Parker 25 calligraphy sets like the Vector sets you see nowadays only with higher quality nibs? These are not something I normally pick up on purpose and I know little about them. It was a nice surprise, though, and I'm indulging my curiosity.

cheers
    calluna

Thanks

Default Re: Parker 25 factory Italic?

Hi, Parker 25s were definitely available with italic nibs asstandard items. My first real pen was one, which took me all the way through school (from age 8) and college. I still have two of these (well almost - one has been claimed by one of our children). Great writers, albeit with rigid nibs.

Thanks

Default Re: Parker 25 factory Italic?

I've seen sales for one or two floating nibs around the web but as far as I know they didn't make calligraphy sets.

Parker do make some unusual nibs (or should I say non-standard nibs for pens you wouldn't think warranted the attention) - I had a factory italic for a Parker Frontier once.

carl