Thread: Some help identifying a found pen

Thanks

Default Some help identifying a found pen

Good evening all, first time poster here! I've spent a bit of time on watch forums but never on the writing side... although I love nothing more than writing a letter to friends and family... it's something that should never be forgotten!

After clearing out some family odds and ends, we've found the attached MB rollerball. It had a long deceased 710 refill inside. I tried to fit the newer rollerball refills with no luck. I'm wondering if it's either too old, or too fake?
    I'd love to know some more info from the experts.
    Thanks all.

cheers
    ursIMG_3465.jpegIMG_3466.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 Times in 4,002 Posts

Default Re: Some help identifying a found pen

Quote Originally Posted by ufvfx View Post
    Good evening all, first time poster here! I've spent a bit of time on watch forums but never on the writing side... although I love nothing more than writing a letter to friends and family... it's something that should never be forgotten!

After clearing out some family odds and ends, we've found the attached MB rollerball. It had a long deceased 710 refill inside. I tried to fit the newer rollerball refills with no luck. I'm wondering if it's either too old, or too fake?
    I'd love to know some more info from the experts.
    Thanks all.
    Sadly it's the latter. The pen is a fake copy of a Montblanc pen. Nothing like any authentic Montblanc model.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Default Re: Some help identifying a found pen

Thanks Chrissy, part of me had suspected as much... no serial no. and the actual quality of the clip and metal elements is superficial at best! Oh well, off to the trash it goes!