Thread: Your next pen? Why that pen?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default Your next pen? Why that pen?

I am looking at picking up a Pilot Falcon with Soft Fine in black / rhodium. At the most recent Pen Posse, I tried one and was deeply impressed with how nicely it wrote and, conversely, how nicely I was able to write with it. I felt the falcon stood head and shoulders above the majority of other pens I tried. The minimal step down at the section/body is a preference and I enjoy using soft nibs with subtle line variation. Pilot's idea of 'fine' is my ideal line width. I also want to buy myself a nice pen as a birthday present. I don't really need another pen. And I could probably find several other ways to spend the money.

To be fair my next pen could be a Skyline. I have been enamored of the aesthetic of the Eversharp Skyline pen for most of my six months in the hobby. I've never seen, held, or used one. I've been thwarted left and right in my bidding attempts. But I want to see what they are all about. So I have yet another bid in on yet another Skyline, a pen/pencil set, on eBay. I will know tomorrow, but if not I shall remain determined to get a good deal on a Skyline in good shape, ideally semi-flex like ring top.

How about you? Why do you want what you want next?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to azkid For This Useful Post: