Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long can a Montblanc precious resin pen last if treated well and used every day?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Re: How long can a Montblanc precious resin pen last if treated well and used every d

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Do you have anything, even anecdotally, regarding "explosions" of MB pens, specifically MBs 146s or 149s? Please include in your response the sample size of those two models.
    The reference is to the 2003 in-depth study of Montblanc Meisterstuck caps and barrels, based on a hypothesis that the black (not bordeaux) resin is prone to sudden fulmination if dropped from a height of 1.5 meters or more. 1,874 146es and a control population of 947 Safaris were subjected to strict laboratory tests that produced sufficient data to prove the hypothesis. At ambient temperature, empty Montblancs have a 93% likelihood of exploding if dropped 1.5 meters onto a hard surface compared to less than 1% for the empty Safaris. Only two injuries were suffered by lab assistants in the study, and Lamy covered the expense of their treatment. Montblanc refused to have anything to do with it.

I trust this satisfies your demand for evidence. Alas, the study never made it onto the internet, but I see no reason why you cannot take my word for it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

azkid (February 8th, 2019), BayesianPrior (February 8th, 2019), brunico (February 8th, 2019), pajaro (February 8th, 2019)

Thanks

Default Re: How long can a Montblanc precious resin pen last if treated well and used every d

Fred-
    You could not have revealed the results of such infallible study on the Interweb weee it not true.
    gary

Thanks

So, I had better never drop my one black MB 144.