Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What nib?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,806 Times in 1,156 Posts

Default Re: What nib?

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    As they say in China 幸福的妻子幸福的生活 Happy wife, happy life. That's as much logic as there is in this.

In terms of nibs, the best ones I've used are modern Pilot nibs. Perhaps I am wrong to have any kind of ambition, no matter how small with respect to fountain pens, and should just walk the the main road.

We are visiting a US city next year on the way points far beyond, and I was hoping to take in my first and only pen show. Looks like I'll likely be changing that plan too.
    I hear you. I'm fortunate that the beloved tolerates (sometimes even encourages/enables) this relatively harmless obsession.

Here's hoping you find something at the pen show that pleases both of you.

Somewhere in the hills of eastern Washington
    Thanks

Default Re: What nib?

Quote Originally Posted by KBeezie View Post

I wonder how that works...

my current s/o oddly enough loves how much I sometimes "passionately nerd out about pens", lol. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, but she has her thing too and we're both bad about impulse spending so we're more than likely to inquire with each other on both things.
    My partner has ONE fountain pen and we share of a love of fine paper. I honestly think she could care less about the pens I own, though she doesn't understand why I need multiple expensive pens. MUhhhhahhha. One time in passing, she told me that a 1930s Canadian Sheaffer's fountain pen I owned creeped her out because of the smell and the grimy patina. It wasn't one of my favorites and I subsequently got rid of the pen. No weird power struggle was going on. It just helped me solidify my decision about the pen.
    Last edited by dfo; October 24th, 2018 at 12:02 PM.
    "Love is the final fight."