Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scams and Fountain Pens

Thanks

Default Re: Scams and Fountain Pens

Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by renpei View Post
    Apparently, he thinks I am the scammer.
    I don't, but I do have to ask, why did you get banned from FPN? And why didn't you report kirkylarky to the police, since you have his address and you are local?
    Keep in mind, getting Banned on FPN can mean merely that one is less disturbed than Wim. Just sayin'...

regards

d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

jbb (May 25th, 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by david i View Post
    I don't, but I do have to ask, why did you get banned from FPN? And why didn't you report kirkylarky to the police, since you have his address and you are local?
    Keep in mind, getting Banned on FPN can mean merely that one is less disturbed than Wim. Just sayin'...

regards

d
    My thoughts exactly. FPN has been quite willy-nilly about banning people lately, much to my dismay as well at this point.
    Besides that, is renpei really REQUIRED to tell some of you folks every little detail of his life? I think it's prying a little bit too much to repeatedly attempt to pin him for something that I (among many) don't believe he did.

Part of me wants to say it's like vultures scavenging for profit in the blood of others, but...Somehow, it's too harsh. But I definitely don't approve of what I see in terms of accusations here.
    Last edited by AndrewW; May 21st, 2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: one bit of wording. Oops.
    Currently obsessed with: Parker 51s and Sheaffer Targas.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewW View Post

regards

d
    My thoughts exactly. FPN has been quite willy-nilly about banning people lately, much to my dismay as well at this point.
    Besides that, is renpei really REQUIRED to tell some of you every little detail of his life? I think it's prying a little bit too much to repeatedly attempt to pin him for something that I (among many) don't believe he did.

Part of me wants to say it's like vultures scavenging for profit in the blood of others, but...Somehow, it's too harsh. But I definitely don't approve of what I see in terms of accusations here.
    AndrewW! It's remarkable how quickly you pop up whenever renpei is mentioned. I commend you for sticking up for him so thoroughly.

For the record, I have never asked for his license or anything else and don't care to see it. I don't remember anyone else asking him for it, either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
    Renpei, I don't want to poke further holes in your stories because I'm afraid you'd just get better at making them. Suffice it to say I don't believe them one bit.

If you have done or are doing dishonest things, please reconsider that path. You may get away with it for some time but you're only really fooling yourself and life will catch up with you. Better to channel your energies into honest work.

If you truly haven't done anything wrong then just go about your business and disregrd this. That's all I have to say about that.
    So, Chia,

I don't want then to address your non-pen related proclivities, but if you have been molesting underage goats, you might want to reconsider that path, even if you do feel an inappropriate attraction to kids. It might go unwitnessed, but besides the moral flaw (goats cannot give consent), you are at risk for catching a zoonosis . Better to channel your energies into more moral activities. Surely there are better ways to live your life.

If you truly haven't been screwing kids then just go about your business and disregrd this. That's all I have to say about that.

I just worry for you. That's all.

Interesting how this logic chain works...

regards

david
    Last edited by david i; May 21st, 2013 at 06:20 AM.
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.

Thanks

regards

d
    Besides that, is renpei really REQUIRED to tell some of you every little detail of his life? I think it's prying a little bit too much to repeatedly attempt to pin him for something that I (among many) don't believe he did.

AndrewW! It's remarkable how quickly you pop up whenever renpei is mentioned. I commend you for sticking up for him so thoroughly.

For the record, I have never asked for his license or anything else and don't care to see it. I don't remember anyone else asking him for it, either.
    Ah. I messed up that bit of wording; I meant tell you folks in general.
    Currently obsessed with: Parker 51s and Sheaffer Targas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewW For This Useful Post:

chiaroscuro (May 21st, 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

regards

d
    Besides that, is renpei really REQUIRED to tell some of you folks every little detail of his life? I think it's prying a little bit too much to repeatedly attempt to pin him for something that I (among many) don't believe he did.

Well, I for one am not "trying to pin him." I'm actually an "innocent until proven guilty" person, and if you took the trouble to read my post, or look at my others on this topic, you'd see that. I said in the very post you quoted that I didn't think he was the scammer.

However, he comes into the community to start a thread about this scam, and he says he is a victim. Then others raise questions. Then, days later, he wants to sell pens. So in my humble opinion, it's not really out of bounds asking him a few questions before you consider sending your money. Nor is it "prying." I'm not hiding behind anything; I'm asking my questions in the open. And my questions nowhere ask for anything personal. They only follow up on things he has raised himself --his banning and his plan to take on kirkylarky.

If you disagree, that's fine. It's a forum; an exchange of views is what we are here for. But accusing me of nefarious motives, or likening that question to the behavior of a "vulture," or falsely characterizing my questions, is the very behavior you are so quick to condemn when directed at renpei. And that seems a little strange. I'll put up my integrity against anyone's, and I don't take kindly to someone calling it into question for merely asking two questions.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

chiaroscuro (May 21st, 2013), ethernautrix (May 21st, 2013), Jon Szanto (May 21st, 2013), Sailor Kenshin (May 21st, 2013)

Thanks

regards

d

Well, I for one am not "trying to pin him." I'm actually an "innocent until proven guilty" person, and if you took the trouble to read my post, or look at my others on this topic, you'd see that. I said in the very post you quoted that I didn't think he was the scammer.

However, he comes into the community to start a thread about this scam, and he says he is a victim. Then others raise questions. Then, days later, he wants to sell pens. So in my humble opinion, it's not really out of bounds asking him a few questions before you consider sending your money. Nor is it "prying." I'm not hiding behind anything; I'm asking my questions in the open. And my questions nowhere ask for anything personal. They only follow up on things he has raised himself --his banning and his plan to take on kirkylarky.

If you disagree, that's fine. It's a forum; an exchange of views is what we are here for. But accusing me of nefarious motives, or likening that question to the behavior of a "vulture," or falsely characterizing my questions, is the very behavior you are so quick to condemn when directed at renpei. And that seems a little strange. I'll put up my integrity against anyone's, and I don't take kindly to someone calling it into question for merely asking two questions.
    Hi,

Only because my quote was part of the multiquote, I wish to emphasize I accused no one of anything.

best regards

david
    David R. Isaacson, MD

Banned
    Thanks

As promised, proof that I own the pen
    http://imgur.com/a/Gmj7g

Thanks

I guess that settles everything. Nothing strange to see here people, move along. My apologies.

Banned
    Thanks

@chia. I never said it proves anything. I just posted it to show that I own the pen as you were doubthing the authenticity of my ad and you were accusing me of not actually ownin the pen.

Thanks

I guess that settles everything. Nothing strange to see here people, move along. My apologies.
    What about the goats?

-d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

AltecGreen (May 21st, 2013), Jon Szanto (May 21st, 2013), PointyThings (May 23rd, 2013), renpei (May 21st, 2013)

Thanks

+1 for this ignore function. You can see his gums flapping, but you can't hear him.

Thanks

+1 for this ignore function. You can see his gums flapping, but you can't hear him.
    Yet here he is... answering.

And of course the actual phrase is, "I see the Klingon's lips moving, but no sound emerges".

To continue, then, with his logic chain...

Should we be worried that he has not disavowed the goat situation?

regards

d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

Thanks

"Kirkylarky" used the email address blackwave996@gmail.com, on fountainpenclassifieds and on fountainpennetwork and on fpgeeks

This page at stopforumspam links two familiar usernames and emaill addresses to the same IP
    http://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/174.112.24.161

A search for blackwave996@gmail.com brings up the MultiPlayerGameHacking forum member blackwave996 (banned member)

This banned member mentions a skype username "thesheldor" in a very odd post regarding the game "realm of the mad god".

A search for thesheldor brings up a result on a "realm of the mad god" forum. In this thread, thesheldor lists his proxy server sites

That list was made 17th May 2012.
    Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : '70s Pilot Elite pocket pen review

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    "Kirkylarky" used the email address blackwave996@gmail.com, on fountainpenclassifieds and on fountainpennetwork and on fpgeeks

This page at stopforumspam links two familiar usernames and emaill addresses to the same IP

A search for blackwave996@gmail.com brings up the MultiPlayerGameHacking forum member blackwave996 (banned member)

This banned member mentions a skype username "thesheldor" in a very odd post regarding the game "realm of the mad god".

A search for thesheldor brings up a result on a "realm of the mad god" forum. In this thread, thesheldor lists his proxy server sites

Also, this post identifies the user with Skype name TheSheldor as the owner of YouTube username Renpei Chen.

So the proposed chain of connection is kirkylarky->blackwave996@gmail.com->blackwave996->TheSheldor->Renpei Chen.

--Daniel

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kirchh For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (May 21st, 2013)

Thanks

Coming full circle, on hackforums.net, a certain Renpei needs help hacking forums.wildshadows.com (one of the sites mentioned above). That request is even earlier - April 2012.

That kirkylarky is a scammer and was banned on here. Anyways, the point is, I want to find all the people scammed by him and find a way to bring him down.
    Well, you did ask! Happy to help,

Flounder

EDIT - TheSheldor/Renpei (both names are shown) *joined* hackforums in April 2012. The site hack help request was made 29th July 2012.

DOUBLE EDIT - to clarify: pretty much a full year before either Renpei or Kirklarky appear on FPN.
    renpei
    Joined on Apr 13 2013 18:58
    Member - Gold · 128 posts

kirkylarky
    Joined on Apr 27 2013 16:05
    Banned · 10 posts
    Last edited by Flounder; May 21st, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : '70s Pilot Elite pocket pen review

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flounder For This Useful Post:

chiaroscuro (May 21st, 2013), Penne Stilografiche (August 6th, 2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Yes. I am on Hackforums. Yes I play Realm of the Mad God. Yes I went on MPGH to sell my account. Yes I am thesheldor (one of the most trusted sellers on ROTMG). Yes I use blackwave996 as my screen name for games. No I have not been on that account lately. No I was not aware kirkylarky was using my screen name as his email.

In fact, if you look up blackwave996 on flickr, you can see my profile and that I have been a member since last year.

Banned
    Thanks

I do use the name blackwave996 but I do not own a email with that name.
    Anyways, I never knew that connection existed and I guess that really does weaken my case. However, I will not be pleading guilty to something I did not do. Feel free to formulate your own opinions and definitely feel free to bring up any more information but like I said in the beginning, Its not me.

Also, in reply to a post by chiaro.
    What the hell is wrong with using a pic of Vee for my profile picture? Does watching action movies about a man fighting against a totalitarian government automatically make a scammer? If so, I am sorry for watching V for Vendetta and liking it

Banned
    Thanks

By the way, this may interest you.
    https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/87610

I have received vouches from some of the top players in the game

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

You have a lot of free time on your hands, don't you?
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin