Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Scams and Fountain Pens

Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

Default Re: Scams and Fountain Pens

Quote Originally Posted by de_pen_dent View Post
    I think the God of Irony just keeled over with a heart attack.
    RIP, GoI. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    Where's my apology from renpei and "Andrew W"? Where are the apologies for Flounder, Annie and chiaroscuro from renpei and "Andrew W"?

Because renpei, even if you somehow are not kirkylarky, in my opinion you have "scammed" us all as readers. You have defended yourself, and allowed or prompted others to do so, knowing that you weren't being totally honest. To me, it's been sad to watch good people get angry with each other. It's been ugly to see people attacked for raising issues or questions. But you sat back and watched. You watched the discord and distrust grow, thanks to your portrait of yourself as an innocent victim, which you now acknowledge isn't correct. Even now, you don't seem to care about those innocent people whose motives or truthfulness have been attacked for questioning you.

If you really are 16, I hope you turn your life around. And if you are really 16, you can.

But the compassion I feel is for the people harmed or upset by this episode.
    Why do you imagine I want an apology? I want my money back.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by david i View Post
    Actions, sonny. Actions.
    Coming from the biggest loudmouth hypocrite on FPG (who engages in strawmen, ad hominems, etc and then pretends to be above all of that), I think the God of Irony just keeled over with a heart attack.
    There isn't a way for me to register thanks for this post more than once, but if I could, I would.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

countrydirt (May 24th, 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    How about you repay those you 'legally' scammed?

Having lunch with your mom and playing checkers at a senior center doesn't erase or make up for what you freely admit you did. I'm not going to waste time reading all the other sites you talk about but it almost sounds like you are bragging about what you did there. Even if you did do something nice how many of us expect you were looking for an angle? You have earned a reputation and it will not change with a few posts.

Where are your parents? Do they approve of your actions? What if someone scammed your grandparents wait, have you taken care of that already?
    I wonder how those establishments he volunteers at are going to view his actions. They might be unhappy about finding that someone who is in close contact with the vulnerable elderly has admitted to some but not all of his scamming.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post

Having lunch with your mom and playing checkers at a senior center doesn't erase or make up for what you freely admit you did. I'm not going to waste time reading all the other sites you talk about but it almost sounds like you are bragging about what you did there. Even if you did do something nice how many of us expect you were looking for an angle? You have earned a reputation and it will not change with a few posts.

Where are your parents? Do they approve of your actions? What if someone scammed your grandparents wait, have you taken care of that already?
    I wonder how those establishments he volunteers at are going to view his actions. They might be unhappy about finding that someone who is in close contact with the vulnerable elderly has admitted to some but not all of his scamming.
    I did not scam anyone. If I had your money, I would give it back but I do not have it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by renpei View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post

I did not scam anyone. If I had your money, I would give it back but I do not have it.
    Well that's a bit of a pigging shame. No matter. I believe the mounties always get their man.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    Where's my apology from renpei and "Andrew W"? Where are the apologies for Flounder, Annie and chiaroscuro from renpei and "Andrew W"?

Because renpei, even if you somehow are not kirkylarky, in my opinion you have "scammed" us all as readers. You have defended yourself, and allowed or prompted others to do so, knowing that you weren't being totally honest. To me, it's been sad to watch good people get angry with each other. It's been ugly to see people attacked for raising issues or questions. But you sat back and watched. You watched the discord and distrust grow, thanks to your portrait of yourself as an innocent victim, which you now acknowledge isn't correct. Even now, you don't seem to care about those innocent people whose motives or truthfulness have been attacked for questioning you.

If you really are 16, I hope you turn your life around. And if you are really 16, you can.

But the compassion I feel is for the people harmed or upset by this episode.
    The heck did I do? I quietly bailed out of the discussion a while ago because it'd only lead to more frustration on everyone's part.
    If you're going to try to weasel something out of me, feel free to, but it probably won't go anywhere.

...And well, wow. Did not expect the whole thing to go that way.
    Currently obsessed with: Parker 51s and Sheaffer Targas.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Participating in this thread has certainly been a grubby trip round the weird side of the internet. Having back-handed David with a truth slap and open-palmed our resident ewhore with the other, I'm off to scrub up in Dettol. Have a great weekend everyone!
    Flounder is an internet wuss?

Fun stuff.

regards

d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

Thanks

Actions, sonny. Actions.
    Coming from the biggest loudmouth hypocrite on FPG (who engages in strawmen, ad hominems, etc and then pretends to be above all of that), I think the God of Irony just keeled over with a heart attack.
    Tactic 1 from the Losing Debater's Manual: "When truly you have lost on issues of substance, engage in Ad Hominem insult"

Tactic 7 from the Losing Debater's Manual: "When you cannot compete with your opponent on issues of substance, endeavor to embrace your opponent's tactics".

Tactic 3 from the Losing Debater's Manual: "When you cannot compete with your opponent on issues of substance, embrace the Straw Man". (eg. "pretends to be above all that").

Thanks, dpendent, for providing such good illustrations.

Good thing is, I can treat your heart attack.

Just sayin'...

regards

david
    Last edited by david i; May 24th, 2013 at 07:55 PM.
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 577 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by renpei
    You should go check what you wrote in post #136 and #140.

T

Thanks

Still fascinatin' and entertainin'..

Edit..22:09..Amazin'...

This *Stuff* is noteworthy.."Apparently Kirkylarky scammed her. And as I said, I am not kirkylarky.
    I confessed that I almost did what kirkylarky did but as I said, I stopped before it was too late as I couldnt deal with the fact that I was conning innocent people."

Fred

..No doubt whatsoever..
    that this Grifter has no sense
    of self preservation.... .
    Last edited by Freddie; May 24th, 2013 at 08:09 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

@Farmboy. Apparently Kirkylarky scammed her. And as I said, I am not kirkylarky.
    I confessed that I almost did what kirkylarky did but as I said, I stopped before it was too late as I couldnt deal with the fact that I was conning innocent people.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 577 Posts

Reread what you have written. In your own words, "I have scammed you all".

And Subway and Starbucks and Amazon users and who knows what else you have done. Likely few care, most just want you gone.

Thanks

Tactic 1 from the Losing Debater's Manual: "When truly you have lost on issues of substance, engage in Ad Hominem insult"

Tactic 7 from the Losing Debater's Manual: "When you cannot compete with your opponent on issues of substance, endeavor to embrace your opponent's tactics".

Tactic 3 from the Losing Debater's Manual: "When you cannot compete with your opponent on issues of substance, embrace the Straw Man". (eg. "pretends to be above all that").

Thanks, dpendent, for providing such good illustrations.

Good thing is, I can treat your heart attack.

Just sayin'...

regards

david
    Blah blah blah blah. You may think you are being very clever and logical, but this is what you come across as:

A poo-flinging monkey that is very proud of its ability to fling poo, and that runs around in masturbatory excitement when others dont fling poo back, thinking of that as some kind of a "victory".

You are a sad, sad little man who thinks haranguing people on a pen forum is cool, who thinks winning "debates" that only you seem to a give a rat's fucking ass about is somehow a measure of toughness, and that anyone who doesnt want to stoop to your level is too thin-skinned and doesnt "belong on the internet". Your posts are all about trying to show off to the rest of the FPG community about what a bad-ass you are.

Debate with you? Are you joking? You may know a lot about vintage pens, but you are a pathetic, miserable wretch of a man desperately looking for validation on a pen forum by winning all sorts of minor pissing contests and verbally bullying people who would prefer to refrain from that sort of behaviour.

I suggest you make this your avatar:

Last edited by de_pen_dent; May 25th, 2013 at 12:26 AM.
    Trying to be half the person my dog thinks me to be!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to de_pen_dent For This Useful Post:

tarheel1 (August 2nd, 2013)

Thanks

Wow, what a friendly vibe!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pendragon For This Useful Post:

Mod_wolves (May 25th, 2013)

Thanks

Blah blah blah blah.

Tactic 27 from the LDM: "Having lost on issues of substance, engage in dismissive baby talk"

but this is what you come across as:
    Tactic 1 from the LDM: "Having lost on issues of substance, vent frustration and attempt to divert with Ad Hominem Insult verbally or with photos"

You may think you are being very clever and logical,
    Tactic 3 from the LDM: "Straw Man"

A poo-flinging monkey that is very proud of its ability to fling poo, and that runs around in masturbatory excitement when others dont fling poo back, thinking of that as some kind of a "victory".
    Tactic 1 from the LDM: "Having lost on issues of substance, vent frustration and attempt to divert with Ad Hominem Insult"

You are a sad,

Tactic 1 from the LDM: "Having lost on issues of substance, vent frustration and attempt to divert with Ad Hominem Insult

Tactic 5 from the LDM: The Telepath: "Having lost on issues of substance, act as though you can read the mind of your opponent and find-- surprise-- that what you find there is not good.

Always a classic, thanks

who thinks haranguing people on a pen forum is cool,
    Tactic 3 from the Losing Debater's Manual: "Having lost on issues of substance, embrace the Straw Man:

who thinks winning "debates" that only you seem to a give
    Tactic 3 from the Losing Debater's Manual: "Having lost on issues of substance, embrace the Straw Man"

A pattern emerges...

a rat's fucking ass
    Tactic 9 from the LDM: "Having lost on issues of substance, get cranky"

Just sayin'...

about is somehow a measure of toughness, and that anyone who doesnt want to stoop
    Tactic 3 from the Losing Debater's Manual: "Having lost on issues of substance, embrace the Straw Man"

to your level is too thin-skinned and doesnt "belong on the internet".

Your posts are all about trying to show off to the rest of the FPG community about what a bad-ass you are.
    Tactic 6 from the Losing Debater's Manual: "Having lost on issues of substance, engage in... Projection"

Debate with you? Are you joking?

Also... you never really will know, which I s'pose contributes to uncontrolled frustration expressed in your posts.

You may know a lot about vintage pens,

Also, thanks for giving me permission to know a lot about vintage pens, or did you mean... "might".

but you are a pathetic, miserable wretch of a man desperately looking for validation on a pen forum by winning all sorts of minor pissing contests and verbally bullying people who would prefer to refrain from that sort of behaviour.
    Tactic 1 from the LDM: "Having lost on issues of substance, vent frustration and attempt to divert with Ad Hominem Insult.

Tactic 5 from the LDM: The Telepath: "Having lost on issues of substance, act as though you can read the mind of your opponent and find-- surprise-- that what you find there is not good.

Tactic 6 from the LDM: Projection.

---------

Notice the fellow offered no opinions about the Repei situation and didn't thank me for being first to note something funny about his story.

Notice how caught up he is in... me. Cool

Notice his growing frustration because he will not be engaged in the non-issues he offers to support his "point", whatever that point is, which we cannot tell from his note.

This is fun.

Your turn, matey

regards

david
    David R. Isaacson, MD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Wow, what a friendly vibe!
    Verily. I see why he is so dependent.

regards

d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

Thanks

blah blah blah.

Your turn, matey
    You flatter yourself.
    Last edited by de_pen_dent; May 25th, 2013 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks

kirkylarky and renpei are having a ball.
    De pen is machtiger dan het zwaard - de pen wordt nog gebruikt, het zwaard hangt aan de muur...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhguda View Post
    kirkylarky and renpei are having a ball.
    I think this thread stopped being about scammers and became more about posturing a long time ago.