Thread: The Collection Four and a Half years form Start

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Default The Collection Four and a Half years form Start

The set as it currently stands, there was a pause of acquisition for a little over two years since 2016 with some sold until now.

The Montblanc Meisterstück °14 is a recent acquisition. Felt like getting a fresh photo at the whole thing after a few found new homes with other users.

In general started out very large and cheap, mostly chinese, then there was a good mix of vintage/modern with some that I would consider a bit more expensive for myself, then started scaling it down either by trading off or selling, and now it's at a count of 15 pens (my goal was to get it down to 16 or less, then eventually maybe top 12 if I want to shrink from there).

Most of it ended up being in the Extra-Fine to Fine range far as nib tips go (I only have one Medium, a Factory Stub [1.1] and a Broad Cursive Italic), and ended up being a lot blacker than I anticipated, so I'm actually considering getting one again in a nice color (currently debating a Sailor Pro Gear Slim in either Purple Cosmos, Earth or Ocean since I want to try the music nib, if I don't end up getting it ground to a 0.6~0.7 cursive italic since I lack that in my setup).

A good portion of them are the result of trades. The Aurora Afrika LE is even the result of a trade where I mailed off a 12x12x12 box of Better Made Chips to Japan (not for that pen directly, the pen I got [Pelikan M805] eventually got traded for the Afrika after I had the M805's nib ground).

This Imgur Link has both these images, but also individual pictures of each of the pens currently in the collection.
    https://imgur.com/a/PxrmDCP

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

catbert (October 20th, 2018), penwash (October 21st, 2018), stub (October 21st, 2018)