Thread: Pineider La Grande Bellezza

Thanks

Default Pineider La Grande Bellezza

I'm sure there was a review thread here for this pen, but could not find one, so my shameless plug for my write up is the start.

https://dapprman.wordpress.com/2018/...ande-bellezza/

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dapprman For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (October 30th, 2018), azkid (November 20th, 2018), thebenedictine (October 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Pineider La Grande Bellezza

dapperman, thanks for the review. I found your review to be balanced, thoughtful, and well expressed. Though many words were devoted to negatives, I found your thorough descriptions of those negatives helpful for me to determine that most of the negatives do not bother me. I agree with your opinion that, at the end, I enjoy writing with this pen.

Thanks

I have another version of the grand Bellezza and enjoy it, with a caveat that the pen has only made it through my regular rotation once, so I don't have much experience with it.
    I don't think the magnetic cap creates a strong seal, so ink can quickly evaporate (I live in a really dry climate which may exacerbate the problem). This isn't a big deal if you use the pen regularly though. And the nib is wet enough that I never had hard starting issues, even though I could tell the ink level had dropped.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,703 Times in 1,972 Posts

Thanks for the review, I didn't quite know what to make out of this brand (and pen models).

The clip design is not interesting enough to pull me in and the metal section kinda turns me off because it reminds me of cheap pens made in China or a kit-pen.

But your photos make the material looks quite beautiful, despite your alluding to it being rather flat.

I also can't believe the tacky-ness of actually having the "The Quick Brown Fox..." on the cap band. If I had any little desire before to buy this pen, now it vanishes completely.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

NibsForScript (March 24th, 2019)

Thanks

I want to mention a positive reaction to the "Quick brown fox..." on the Pineider cap band. I like it. It brings a smile to me. It reminds me that all of this is about the fun of using a fountain pen and ink. I find in it a gentle reminder not to take myself too seriously. I may be the only person who thinks this. In that case, Pineider put that pangram on the cap band just for me. It is all my fault. Sorry

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chalkdust For This Useful Post:

azkid (November 20th, 2018)