Thread: Other forums

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Default Re: Other forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post

I wish whoever had the keys to this place would share them with someone but we've had that conversation before. This is the most mysterious fora I have been on. Like someone left the car running and full of gas but no papers or keys. I suppose some day this forum will just up and disappear.
    So there are no admins or mods for this forum? It's running Ghost ship style?

I wounder if it wouldn't be prudent to have a backup group or something in case this site does go poof one day.
    I like it (most of the time) as it is.
    It‘s not like a ghost ship as the owner reacts on inputs (e.g. a post is reported), it‘s just not actively moderated.
    Things auto regulating themselves normally here, and it works most of the times astonishing well.

I know that some wish to have admins/mods back, especially to become admin/mod by themselves.
    But personally I‘m quite happy that some of these do not get it.

In general nothing wrong with a good Mod, I remember when Dan was in charge, but these have to be the right persons.

If you like heavy arbitrary censorship and admins/mods living their fantasies of power then FPN should be your choice, you will not be disappointed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (November 19th, 2018), Deb (November 19th, 2018)