Thread: Jacques Herbin fountain pens

Thanks

Default Jacques Herbin fountain pens

Scrolling through my Instagram feed, I saw an ad for the new(?) Jacques Herbin fountain pens. I tried to take a look at their website but found little to no informations. Plastic, generic nibs (Jowo? Bock?), C/C fillers for 200 euro
    Anyone here has additional informations?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Default Re: Jacques Herbin fountain pens

Didn't know they made pens (least not high end) other than the two $20 USD or less clear ones like the liquid ink roller ball and fountain pens, and some of the glass nibbed , and dip pens and stuff similar to the Sheaffer calligraphy set.

Anyways I found it on their website where it's the full Jacques Herbin fountain pen name (and not J.Herbin)

https://www.jacquesherbin.com/en/wri...palladium.html

Bout the same kind of information you're going to see about Faber-Castell design line (Which too are also resin/plastic, with steel bock nibs, and are also standard international cartridge/converter).

Not seeing a lot of google results from before the end of 2017. Think maybe they're re-branding themselves as high end, like Pilot did with Iroshizuku and Namiki brands?

Thanks

Faber Castell offers premium materials for their 200 euro pen, or am I wrong?
    I mean the fancy woods, like coconut or those with exotic hides.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 432 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aquafox View Post
    Faber Castell is their lower end line, such as the FC Loom (which is a very nice pen, imho. I own one!) The more expensive line is called Graf von Faber Castell and includes the Intuition line with exotic woods (around US$350+) , and their limited edition lines and year of the pen which are in the US$1000+ or even several thousand dollars.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aquafox View Post
    Faber Castell is their lower end line, such as the FC Loom (which is a very nice pen, imho. I own one!) The more expensive line is called Graf von Faber Castell and includes the Intuition line with exotic woods (around US$350+) , and their limited edition lines and year of the pen which are in the US$1000+ or even several thousand dollars.
    What he said, the "Design" line as they call it goes from the Loom up to the e-Motion pens (about $175 US down to about $30 US), they all use the same steel nib, but when I had the BASIC, it was probably one of the smoothest steel nibs I had (had a Fine) out of the box on a retail pen under 50. (They're bock).

Where as the GvFC ones are hand made (but still has some steel bock nibs on the lower priced models), the Tamitio being the lowest price model I know of around 200, and is marked "Handmade in Germany".