Thread: +1 for pen boutique in columbia, md

Thanks

Default +1 for pen boutique in columbia, md

I picked up some inks at the Pen Boutique, which I haven't been to since they moved out of the Columbia mall across the street. The service was lovely and the selection was better than I remembered it to be at the mall. The prices --at least on the inks, which is what I was shopping for-- were very competitive, and on top of that there's a sale until the end of the month, so I got an additional 20% off everything not already on sale.

I might just go back tomorrow for a few more inks and a Monte Verde artista.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Default Re: +1 for pen boutique in columbia, md

That is a nice store. Good range of products there, from Nib Creapers to special edition Montblancs.

That's gotta be a tough business to be in when you have that kind of space limitation and you're up against scrappy internet retailers with a warehouse and a UPS truck outside.

Thanks

Although I have not visited their store, I have had good experiences ordering online.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacksterp View Post
    Although I have not visited their store, I have had good experiences ordering online.
    Me, too. I actually prefer calling in my order now; they are very nice over the phone and sometimes they have specials that aren't online.

Thanks

I really like Pen Boutique. I've always had good experiences whether ordering online or going to the store. The staff has always been very friendly and accommodating.

Thanks

+1

I live about a half mile away, and just recently found the store. Very nice! (Although the employee at the Westfield Montgomery Mall store completely ignored me, even though I was the only one in the store.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

I would offer this caveat about the retailer.

During the black to silver furniture change with Lamy Safari pens, I ordered from eBay what was clearly a yellow/black Safari listing. They sent me a yellow/silver pen. I expressed my dissatisfaction with civility and ended up both keeping the pen despite the variation (which was not pleasing to me) and offering neutral feedback on eBay. I attempted to place an order recently and was puzzled to find I was blocked from their auctions. I sent a polite email asking for review of the situation and have been waiting for weeks with no reply. I find this conduct to be unprofessional in every regard. I am pleased others have had good success, and perhaps I am an outlier. I don't want to make more of it than what it is, and I'm more than happy to give my business to other merchants who want to do business with me.