Quote Originally Posted by Daniel K View Post
OK, now, here are my final thoughts for my choice. I have a budget of about 500-600€ (600-700$).

1. Perfect writing performance: smooth F/M nib, bit of flex and spring; slightly oversized grip section; long barrel or postable;
2. Ink capacity: option to use cartridges during exams or large ink capacity; pineider compatible for the library
3. Style: not too fancy, more understated, but high quality
Have you considered a Visconti Homo Sapiens maxi? The Dreamtouch nibs are smooth. In an EF they don't do the "firehose" thing and use up all of your ink. The power filler system holds a reasonable amount of ink. I think it's comparable to the full size Pelikan and Montblanc pens. The Homo Sapiens model (at least to me) has a very comfortable section diameter, the barrel length is just right to fit the hand without needing the extra weight of a posted cap to be comfortable. I prefer the weight of the basalt rock models, but the translucent acrylics used in the other models are lighter weight and preferable for knowing exactly how much ink remains in the pen. Coupled with Visconti's traveling ink well I think you'd be good-to-go wherever you go. **The "midi" and "elegance" models do not have the power filler and larger volume.