Thread: Onoto the pen

Thanks

Default Onoto the pen

So have restored all the parts washer, cork pins However despite the pen drawing ink on the pull the vacuum does not have enough energy to draw the ink in Have tried the mechanism without the feed assembly (which has been fully cleaned) and it works fine. So the problem lies in the feed and nib but I can’t get it to draw ink using the vacuum only with a pill of the plunger. Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Default Re: Onoto the pen

I don't know the answer to your question but Steph, of Grandmia Pens on Youtube, seems to specialize in Onoto pens. He might be a good resource.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KrazyIvan For This Useful Post:

FredRydr (November 30th, 2018)

Thanks

I have the opposite issue with a Pelikan 100N . Is as clean as I know how to get it and sucks a full tank of 4001 brillian black with 0 issues . Writes wonderfully for 1/2 to 3/4 of a page then you get two to three words average that are not as bright as they have been and then nothing . You can start some ink flow by lightly tapping the nib tip on the paper but it is usually only good for a very few words then it is dry again . Have had the pen soaking for three days and have flossed the nib to open the ink channel a tad at the tip of the tines but so far no improvement . Hate to send it off but I do not want to remove the feed and disassemble it myself . I am reasonably sure it has something blocking the feed but who knows . Sounds like that could be your issue also. Best of luck .

Eddie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Investigio View Post
    So have restored all the parts washer, cork pins However despite the pen drawing ink on the pull the vacuum does not have enough energy to draw the ink in Have tried the mechanism without the feed assembly (which has been fully cleaned) and it works fine. So the problem lies in the feed and nib but I can’t get it to draw ink using the vacuum only with a pill of the plunger. Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You keep saying pull , are you trying to suck ink by pulling the plunger out or by pushing it in ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

As Eddie says, the vacuum in this pen is developed on the push. When the plunger gets to the bottom of the stroke the inner walls of the barrel widen allowing the air pressure to push the ink past he plunger into the evacuated barrel.