Thread: Employee/Shareholder first year Pilot Custom 74 (1992) flattop

Thanks

Thumbs up Employee/Shareholder first year Pilot Custom 74 (1992) flattop

Sometimes to mark celebrations Pilot will offer items to shareholders only. Important anniversaries, new model launches, etc.

These items are never offered for sale to the public. I have heard of various flavors of these and have seen one or two on the net. Now I own one.

Purchased directly from a retired Pilot employee.

Your eyes do not deceive you. That is a Pilot C74 just like you can buy right now at any shop and next to that is a first year 1992 C74 that has flat finials.

Everything on the pen is the same. Caps and barrels, nibs, sections, feeds and clips are all swappable. Only the finials are different.

This flat-top C74 was apparently never available for sale but only offered to employees and shareholders just after the pen was launched. The other ones I have seen all had C nibs on them. This is the first one that I have seen with something else. This was stickered with a plain white sticker marked MS and has a glorious music nib on it.

Sorry for the horrible pics. Taken with cell phone and barely containable excitement. haha

Nibs

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

ethernautrix (November 20th, 2018), Kulprit (November 27th, 2018), thebenedictine (November 20th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default Re: Employee/Shareholder first year Pilot Custom 74 (1992) flattop

Wow what a great find!! Gorgeous pens.