Thread: Mystery Ink #23

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default Re: Mystery Ink #23

At last I had a chance to try out MI#23! I had to order a UV flashlight which arrived not long ago.

In the test I am using a new Jinhao 51A which has a pretty smooth nib and decent flow.

The ink seems to flow ok, no sense of dry nib on paper or too much flow, either. It is hard to see feathering obviously but the lines seem relatively crisp.

I had previously tested the pen with some kind of black ink and towards the bottom of the test some of that came through, compromising my secret message and eliminating UV phosphorescence.

Aside from that the ink is invisible to casual observation and even somewhat detailed study. The pen requires little pressure to write so there's no sign of indents or of the ink itself.

I used the UV flashlight while writing so I could see what I was doing and write legibly. I noticed the ink glows more when wet and less after it dries.

Another thing I noticed is the funny smell.

Anyway this is super cool and I can't wait to write secret messages to my 9 yo spy kid.

Thanks for the MI series, Scooby! It has been really awesome and thanks for the chance to try Blue Ghost!
    Last edited by azkid; January 16th, 2019 at 04:38 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azkid For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 17th, 2019), Pterodactylus (January 16th, 2019), Scooby921 (January 17th, 2019)