Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: One ink...

  1. #21
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    6,194
    Thanks
    3,083
    Thanked 5,281 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: One ink...

    Quote Originally Posted by fountainpagan View Post
    Louis Vuitton's Rouge Libertin.
    I think this fabulous ink has a very close doppelgänger called Montblanc Saint Exupéry. (And, although my lips are sealed in an open forum, I would put money on my belief that they were made in the same factory.)
    Last edited by Chrissy; December 21st, 2018 at 10:54 PM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    aurore (December 22nd, 2018), catbert (December 19th, 2018)

  3. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    1,221
    Thanked 75 Times in 43 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: One ink...

    Sailor Sei-Boku would be my one ink. (I would put it in a Lamy 2000 which would be my one pen.)

  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 49 Times in 33 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: One ink...

    Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    Pilot blue-black.
    Agreed.

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: One ink...

    Pilot blue-black or Diamine Midnight. Humble and cheap inks but great.

  6. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 49 Times in 33 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: One ink...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fountainpagan View Post
    Louis Vuitton's Rouge Libertin.
    I think this fabulous ink has a very close doppelgänger called Montblanc Saint Exupéry. (And, although my lips are sealed in an open forum, I would put money on my belief that they were made in the same factory.)
    ...Which is rumoured to be the same Austrian one that produces Monteverde ink, I believe...

  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Dallas, as in the 80's TV Series
    Posts
    2,551
    Thanks
    1,725
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,159 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: One ink...

    Can't do one. How about two?

    Sailor Rikyu-Cha
    Diamine Ancient Copper
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

  8. #27
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    6,194
    Thanks
    3,083
    Thanked 5,281 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: One ink...

    Quote Originally Posted by ilikenails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fountainpagan View Post
    Louis Vuitton's Rouge Libertin.
    I think this fabulous ink has a very close doppelgänger called Montblanc Saint Exupéry. (And, although my lips are sealed in an open forum, I would put money on my belief that they were made in the same factory.)
    ...Which is rumoured to be the same Austrian one that produces Monteverde ink, I believe...
    My lips are sealed apart from to confirm that they are indeed both made in Austria, since it says so on their packaging. With Louis Vuitton inks, it only mentions that fact on the very outer layer of packaging that was usually discarded before the inks made it to the stores.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    aurore (December 23rd, 2018)

  10. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 49 Times in 33 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: One ink...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    My lips are sealed apart from to confirm that they are indeed both made in Austria, since it says so on their packaging.
    ...But one has to wonder how many ink factories Austria has room for? I'm a bit frustrated over Monteverde. I'd love to try some samples but only the Writing Desk offers them and the blue is just labelled "Blue." I think there are three in the current basic range alone...

  11. #29
    Senior Member Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    575
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 327 Times in 235 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: One ink...

    If I must pick only one, then it would be iro. asa-gao.

  12. #30
    Senior Member Kulprit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 289 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: One ink...

    Quote Originally Posted by ilikenails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    My lips are sealed apart from to confirm that they are indeed both made in Austria, since it says so on their packaging.
    ...But one has to wonder how many ink factories Austria has room for? I'm a bit frustrated over Monteverde. I'd love to try some samples but only the Writing Desk offers them and the blue is just labelled "Blue." I think there are three in the current basic range alone...
    Where are you located? If in the US, Goulet offers samples of their full range.

    I don’t like most of Monteverde’s colors, but the ones I do like are excellent inks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 80 Times in 52 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: One ink...

    GvFC Moss green

  14. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 49 Times in 33 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: One ink...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulprit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikenails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    My lips are sealed apart from to confirm that they are indeed both made in Austria, since it says so on their packaging.
    ...But one has to wonder how many ink factories Austria has room for? I'm a bit frustrated over Monteverde. I'd love to try some samples but only the Writing Desk offers them and the blue is just labelled "Blue." I think there are three in the current basic range alone...
    Where are you located? If in the US, Goulet offers samples of their full range.
    The UK. So Goulet isn't really an option. But thanks!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •