Thread: Do you keep the original box and packaging of your pens?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

Default Re: Do you keep the original box and packaging of your pens?

Even if you don't keep your old pen boxes for the pens that came in them, in the interest of recycling, they can still come in useful if you sell things (like pens) on ebay, or if you send pens as gifts to others.

Many years ago, before I ever owned a Montblanc pen of any type, my OH placed a BIC ballpoint in one of my nice pen boxes and, as a little joke, wrote about a famous white topped mountain on the outside of the packaging. He gave it to me on Christmas morning. The little joke backfired in a way because it spurred me on to sell almost all of my pens on ebay, and use the money to buy my first Montblanc Meisterstück ballpoint pen. I never looked back and regularly sell off some pens and inks in order to buy others.

Now I'm getting older, I still sell off pens and inks, but I tend to not replace them so much. When I'm no longer around I hope that all of my pens (and maybe even some of their original boxes) will be loved by others as much as they have been loved by me.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Carpio (June 9th, 2023), dfo (December 20th, 2018), Marsilius (December 19th, 2018), Pterodactylus (December 19th, 2018), Yazeh (December 1st, 2020)