Thread: Birmingham Inks

Thanks

Default Birmingham Inks

I have read a lot of ink reviews lately and I am keen on trying out some of the Birmingham Inks. Can these be sourced anywhere other than through Birmingham directly? I have no problems buying directly from Birmingham, it just seems that hey are sold out of about 75% of their inks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 587 Posts

Default Re: Birmingham Inks

I'm pretty sure that's the only place you can get them. I'm a fan too. They have them custom made for them in Germany in small batches. The owner is very friendly and replies to emails, and he can tell you when he expects to get more in of whatever colors you're interested in.
    Sold out of 75% is, I believe, a wee bit of hyperbole, but yes, there have always a few that they've been sold out of every time I've checked. I've got a pen inked with their Fred Rogers Cardigan Red at the moment.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calamus View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the only place you can get them. I'm a fan too. They have them custom made for them in Germany in small batches. The owner is very friendly and replies to emails, and he can tell you when he expects to get more in of whatever colors you're interested in.
    Sold out of 75% is, I believe, a wee bit of hyperbole, but yes, there have always a few that they've been sold out of every time I've checked. I've got a pen inked with their Fred Rogers Cardigan Red at the moment.
    I do tend toward hyperbole on occasion. However, not this time. I checked the Ink Samples page and there are 59 different inks listed. Of those, 45 show as Sold Out. I did email the owner and he responded very promptly. He told me they have most of the inks in stock. So it might be a case where the website is not up to date or where samples aren't available in favor of full bottles.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Cavitt View Post

I do tend toward hyperbole on occasion. However, not this time. I checked the Ink Samples page and there are 59 different inks listed. Of those, 45 show as Sold Out. I did email the owner and he responded very promptly. He told me they have most of the inks in stock. So it might be a case where the website is not up to date or where samples aren't available in favor of full bottles.
    I'm shocked, I tell you, simply shocked!!
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks

Regardless of the inventory availability - or not, I am very pleased with the performance of the inks, their color palette, and the speed with which they are shipped.