Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any suggestions for modern "nails"?

Thanks

Default Re: Any suggestions for modern "nails"?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pajaro View Post
    Sheaffer 300. Weighs a ton, you could beat off muggers with it.
    That is what I like the Rotring 600 for. It also doubles as a windshield breaker, for those times your car slides off the road and into a lake.
    I've got a Rotring 600 pencil that I never use. If it came to a fight between them, I'd actually bet on the Baoer 100 (sort of a Chinese Aurora 88 - the original hooded 88.) The build quality is amazing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexwi View Post
    Hi,

Based on what I've seen listed so far in this discussion, I guess I'm a "nail person."

I like the Pilot Metropolitan.

Then there's Platinum's Cool or the Preppy. The Pelikan Jazz is quite "naily," but the grip is horrendously slippery - it's not just metal, but POLISHED metal, but the stiffest of all my nibs would have to be a Pelikan Celebry

Alex
    Alex - I think you meant the Plasir, not the Cool? The Cool has a different nib to the Preppy and is actually exceptionally flexible. (It's amazing that it's not a better known pen...)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenails View Post
    Hi,

Based on what I've seen listed so far in this discussion, I guess I'm a "nail person."

Then there's Platinum's Cool or the Preppy. The Pelikan Jazz is quite "naily," but the grip is horrendously slippery - it's not just metal, but POLISHED metal, but the stiffest of all my nibs would have to be a Pelikan Celebry

Alex
    Alex - I think you meant the Plasir, not the Cool? The Cool has a different nib to the Preppy and is actually exceptionally flexible. (It's amazing that it's not a better known pen...)
    You're right I should've written "the Cool AND the Preppy." I think they're both pretty stiff, although the Cool gives a bit more, and you're also right in that their nibs are different.

Alex

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenails View Post
    Hi,

Alex
    You're right I should've written "the Cool AND the Preppy." I think they're both pretty stiff, although the Cool gives a bit more, and you're also right in that their nibs are different.

Alex
    My understanding is that Cool gives to an exceptional amount. Not as much as a Falcon or Ahab, but well outside the normal range -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u51HSPFterw

https://blog.wonderpens.ca/platinum-cool-fountain-pen/
    Last edited by ilikenails; January 6th, 2019 at 09:49 AM.