Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pilot Blue Black vs. Pelikan 4001 Blue Black

Thanks

Default Re: Pilot Blue Black vs. Pelikan 4001 Blue Black

Quote Originally Posted by aurore View Post
    Also while Pilot is quite wet, Pelikan is very dry.
    Good information to know. In my case, I have an old Pelikan 400 that is a fire-hydrant of a pen with any ink put Pelikan. Even then, its a very wet writer, but at least it isn't dumping ink onto the page. This is after removing the nib unit and making sure the nib/feed were set correctly.

Thanks

I have been using Pilot blue-black for a few years almost exclusively. It is a fabulous ink! I prefer it to any other, including Aurora black or blue-black. It is robust enough for me to sign cheques with, blue enough for Royal Blue, blue-black enough for any business. I’ve never had an issue with any of my pens, from vintage Wahl-Eversharps to my Aurora Optima and 88.

Thanks

By the way, one can aquire this ink, Pilot blue-black, in the USA from Jet Pens in California. I buy it in the 70ml. size. Available all day long.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daedalus1 For This Useful Post:

azkid (January 17th, 2019)

Thanks

All of the above observations are spot-on. Pelikan BB is the only ink that I can use with a couple of very wet nibs (I'm looking at you, ASC). Pilot BB is as cheap as can be, and if the Coke bottle is too much, it also comes in 70 ml bottles. It's absurdly reliable and well-behaved, but I find myself preferring the richer color of Platinum BB, which indeed is available in bottles in the US. It's a great ink for business use, and if you're using a Platinum or Nakaya pen, the cartridges are superb as well. It's much wetter than the Pelikan, but not as well as the Pilot.