Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoiler Alert: I lost it.

Thanks

Default Re: Spoiler Alert: I lost it.

Sorry for the loss. It's good how you were able to move forward from it so well. I've lost a few nice things in my time, both through loss and failure/breakage, and nowadays tend to stick to owning things I care less about should I get separated from them. It's only stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Default Re: Spoiler Alert: I lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuddus View Post
    Sorry for the loss. It's good how you were able to move forward from it so well. I've lost a few nice things in my time, both through loss and failure/breakage, and nowadays tend to stick to owning things I care less about should I get separated from them. It's only stuff.
    I think I'm practicing losing things I do care about. Long story (all in my head), but these past few years have really tested me on "accept loss forever," So, okay, nice things are nice, but how lucky am I to lose nice things? How lucky am I to have nice things still? Yes, it's only stuff, but I'd rather have and use nice stuff, even if I lose or break it. You know, that's life.

I've been trying to internalize the parable of the Chinese farmer (Alan Watts). I'm trying to go with the flow in a more mindful way (which is hilarious to me, knowing how calm that sounds in pixels, how emotional I am actually, how expressive I'm typically am. My best friend here calls me the Ancient Egyptian Queen of RAH. Hahaha. The RAH Queen, for short. "Raaaah!").

I carried the Pilot CH912 (PO) (rightfully "THE" pen, right? Cos favorite nib.) in my pocket one night when I took Łapa for a night walk (spacer nocny). When I returned to the apartment after the 7km walk, the barrel and cap were riding separately. "Raaaah!" But no harm had come to the nib. Whew! What's the lesson? I can't win. ("Maybe.")

No, the lesson is to care, but not too much. Just the right about of care. It's a tricky dance.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

inklord (February 9th, 2019), Jon Szanto (January 30th, 2019), Lloyd (January 30th, 2019), mhosea (January 30th, 2019)