Thread: Spoiler Alert: I lost it.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Default Spoiler Alert: I lost it.

So there I was all worried about making too much of an effort to safeguard my pens <"Comfort Zone">, and guess what I did on Saturday?

(BTW, it's Tuesday, 22 January 2019, local time 17:45ish.)

Miyako-fpn-clipless-carry-20190109.jpg

I clipped that pen sleeve with Kurouac (recently re-installed the Platinum UEF nib in it) onto a clip dangling from a lanyard and wore the lanyard around my neck (as people do)... and rode my bike to an appointment, where I used Kurouac for about an hour, and then pedalled away - went to a cafe, went to a couple of shops, went to another cafe, where I took off my scarf and jacket and sweater to find the lanyard... and where's my pen?

The answer to that question remains a mystery.

Yes, I retraced my bike route (approx. 10 km) and stops of course, but... after the initial shock of finding the pen sleeve and Kurouac gone!, I invoked Kerouac's #19: Accept loss forever. I "enjoyed" my latte before embarking on the search mission. I haven't lost a pen in a very long time, at least ten years, more like fifteen. And I noticed myself how calm I felt. Not that I didn't care; more like, but what can I do about it? It's gone. Oh well. As far as mishaps go, losing even a favorite and expensive fountain pen is fairly benign.

Thus, my SIX pens for the year challenge* has become FIVE pens for the year (similar to the One Pen For One Month challenge (over at FPN), with notable differences). Which means trying not to rotate in or out any pens for the duration of 2019. Inks okay to change.

The EDC line-up is:
    Pilot CH912 (PO), Noodler's Black
    Heki Nakaya Piccolo Cigar (NPC) (F), Noodler's Black
    UShu NPC (steel EF), KWŻ Flame Red
    Pilot Falcon (SEF), Noodler's Lexington Gray
    Sailor 1911S (H-EF), Sailor Blue-Black

I don't have concrete plans to buy any more pens, but if I do, I'm looking at Stylo Art or a Pilot 823 amber (if I can get one with a PO nib). But no rush. Other priorities, ya know.

So... what pen "disasters" have you experienced or averted lately?

Also, anyone else "challenging" themselves to use a particular pen(s) or ink(s) (or both) for a prescribed period of time?

*The Five Pens For the Year Challenge doesn't include all the "cheapies," which are filled with other ink colors that I use only sometimes.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

gylyf (January 23rd, 2019), Kaputnik (January 23rd, 2019)