Thread: Modern Sheaffer nib change?

Thanks

Default Modern Sheaffer nib change?

Hello folks,
    I have a Sheaffer Prelude Gunmetal GT fountain Pen 360-0 which has a medium nib. I would like to get a broad nib for this pen. I am not getting much help from the Canadian distributor. I believe Sheaffer has been purchased by Cross??? Is that right? Where can I get different nibs for this pen? Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Thomas

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Modern Sheaffer nib change?

Hello Thomas and welcome to FPGeeks.

There are a couple of ways to go. I don't know the cost of a nib unit compared with the cost of another Sheaffer Prelude, but you might find it easier to buy another Prelude with a B nib. Ebay might be your friend to get one at a reasonable price. It doesn't have to be the most expensive barrel and cap version, because it's the nib unit that you really want. Then you can just swap over the nib units. Or you might find just a B nib unit on ebay.

I don't know how confident you feel about swapping a nib into your existing nib unit or if you want to have a M nib unit and a B unit for your pen. However, there is a Prelude B nib available on ebay. That's not something that everyone would want to attempt though.

Maybe the US distributor will be more helpful if you ask them to sell you a B nib unit. Or you might find one at a pen show on a dealers table.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Default Re: Modern Sheaffer nib change?

I've purchased a Sheaffer nib unit at Vanness Pens before. They might be able to track something down for you. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer. https://vanness1938.com/
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot