Thread: Some lines a day

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Some lines a day

As the title says, is anyone here using the Leuchtturm "some lines a day" five year journal? If so, how has the experience been for you thus far?

I started mine this year with the idea of writing a whole year using just a dip pen and Sumi ink. However, after a little thought, I have modified this plan and will now go a month of dipping and pseudo-Spencerian, followed by a month of a fountain pen and coloured ink. Just to jazz things up a bit.

The Sumi ink for the month of January has worked well and has minimal to no show through, but I am wondering what will happen once I get to using a wetter medium. Hence the post.

Oh, and the paper in this journal has a bit of tooth, so it pays to be attentive if you're trying pointed pen!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Re: Some lines a day

Okay, now I'm into the second month. All of the entries for January were made using either a Gillot 404 or an Esterbrook 048 Falcon dip pen. The paper surface texture means that one has to be a little more light-handed and mindful of the process.

Entries for February are in Iroshizuku tsuki-yo, delivered to the paper via the fine nib of a Pilot Custom 823. So far this has worked well, smoother of course than the dippers, and although generally laying down more ink than the pointed pens there are no signs of any feathering or increased show through.

Thanks

Default Re: Some lines a day

EOC - Good choice opting for the Pilot Custom 823. Awesome pen!