Thread: HELP. Nib, Pilot Cusrom Heritage 92

Thanks

Default HELP. Nib, Pilot Cusrom Heritage 92

Please help me fix my huge mistake.

I had a clogged nib, pen was leaking, just overall a mess. I took everything apart and rinsed it.

Somehow, the metal portion of the nib went missing in the one hour I left it in the windowsill, with the other pen parts to dry. I have the plastic portion of the nib.

This pen has huge significance to me, as my husband purchased it for me. It was a BIG DEAL, which I won't get into.

Pilot does not sell replacement nibs.

Is there someone here who can fit a vintage nib into my Pilot Custom Heritage 92? Find me a replacement part? Build me one from my tears? Clearly I'm desperate at this stage. If I must, I'll buy a new pen and steal the nib, but that seems rather silly to spend $120 just for the nib. I will, but I was hoping someone here would have a better option for me. Please, I'm begging you.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Re: HELP. Nib, Pilot Cusrom Heritage 92

I'm sorry to read about your sad story.

Pilot gold nibs are notoriously difficult to replace because Pilot doesn't sell replacement nibs. I fear you might have a choice of buying a donor pen with a similar nib, or buying the correct size nib from an online source that sells generic nibs like Schmidt, and fitting it into your pen.

I'm not sure what size nib you will need for your Pilot CH92 but someone will come along and advise you what size nib you will need.

If it's of any help I know that the Pilot Custom 74 also uses exactly the same nibs as the CH92, and that might be a cheaper donor pen. Maybe the Plumix and the Prera also use the same sized nibs, although that one would be a steel version.

I don't know whereabouts in the world you are, but you could also try an ebay search to see if any come up on there. Good luck.
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 29th, 2019 at 08:43 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Thanks Chrissy! If I need to go the doner route, it's good to know that the 74 uses the same nib.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpypionus View Post
    Thanks Chrissy! If I need to go the doner route, it's good to know that the 74 uses the same nib.
    I have a 74 and a 92 and I have swapped over their nibs, so I know they are compatible.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

If you don’t find your nib, you can pick up a Custom Heritage 91 for about $70. Like the 92 and 74, the 91 uses Pilot’s #5 gold nib.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk