Thread: Artus 10P

Thanks

Default Artus 10P

We don't run across too many Artus pens here in the States -- mostly just the Lamy branded pieces. I've had these Artus 10P pens for about fifteen years now. I can't exactly remember where I picked them up, but I've used one of them steadily for the whole time and it has withstood quite a lot of rough treatment. They're just steel-nibbed school pens, but they're built to that 50s era quality standard that blows modern equivalents away. They take international cartridges.

IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0989.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    Last edited by 6of1; May 25th, 2013 at 03:50 AM.
    No.6: “I am not a number, I am a person.”
    New No.2: “Six of one, half a dozen of another.”

Thanks

Default Re: Artus 10P

"Doctor, can you help me live a little more? I expect good news."
    From whom - the doctor or a 3rd party?

I may have some nib sections floating around. Never seen the rest of the pen though.

My older piston fill Artus is sitting waiting for me to get round to cutting a new cork for it.
    I think most of the old German school pens were built to last. The ones from the 50's and 60's were pretty much the same as the upmarket models with a steel nib instead of gold and less bling, if you can call it that. German bling was some extra gold rings on the cap or something small.

Thanks

Default Re: Artus 10P

Ha, very famous scene from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with the great Aldo Giuffrè playing Union Captain Clinton. So, third party, really.

I wholly agree with your sentiments on the old German school pens. I own three of these 10P just in case one or two went south, but one has help up swimmingly and the other two just sit neglected. I should probably sell them off to fund other purchases.
    No.6: “I am not a number, I am a person.”
    New No.2: “Six of one, half a dozen of another.”