Hello Fellow Pengeeks,

The time has come for me to venture into Pelkan territory. My first pen was a 1979 Pelikan Pelikano with a fine NIB. Since then I mostly used Parker's (vectors were issued in school, Parker Duofold medium), Waterman (Forum with a Broad NIB, Concorde with Medium NIB), and Sheaffer (PFM with I suspect a fine flex and was my grandfather's pen, school pen with medium nib and a Prelude with a Broad NIB).

I'm contemplating getting an M-800 but I'm unsure as to what NIB option I should go for. I like a broad NIB, but from what I've seen in video's online, and M-800 with a fine NIB, already seems to be close to some of the Broad nibs I have. I was going to go for Broad, but on an M-800, broad seems to look like BB or even BBB in some cases. I have never tried such a broad NIB, I suspect I would like it but I won't know for sure unless I try it out. A shop to go and try them out is not an option currently (recovering from an operation).

Either way it seems that this pen is a bit too expensive to just pick something and go with it, I want it to be something I'm really happy with. So I'm leaning towards going for Medium but Fine is also an option I'm considering. The reason I'm leaning towards medium is, previous Fine's I've had were too scratchy. I like smooth and on the wet side. (not gushing to the point where you need to wait a full minute to dry).

Could some people that have this pen chime in perhaps?

Thank you very much for any opinions and tips given.