Thread: Case for a Vanishing Point?

Thanks

Default Case for a Vanishing Point?

Hey all, I finally did it, I bought a vanishing point to use as my "every day carry" notetaking pen. I did this because of the ease of launch (push button) versus a cap, and also because I thought it would travel well with my notebook.

As I'm getting more used to it though, I'm wondering if I'd be better served to carry it in a small leather sleeve case.

For those with VPs, I'm wondering how many of you carry yours in a case? This pen seems to me different than a "standard" FP that I would typically put in a case. Or is that just me?

Thanks

Default Re: Case for a Vanishing Point?

I bought a leather sleeve that I put them in. I have 2 VP - I think they write very smoothly too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jfkender For This Useful Post:

N6GQ (February 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Sliding a VP into the sleeve, button first is a little odd. But I've never had an issue with extending the nib while getting it in or out of the sleeve. Personally, I never carry a pen outside of a sleeve. At the moment I'm using a Rickshaw Clover (4-pen) sleeve, swapping out the pens to keep a good number of them in rotation. I also carry a single leather slip for a Cross Roller-ball I use for signing documents.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_pat View Post
    Sliding a VP into the sleeve, button first is a little odd. But I've never had an issue with extending the nib while getting it in or out of the sleeve. Personally, I never carry a pen outside of a sleeve. At the moment I'm using a Rickshaw Clover (4-pen) sleeve, swapping out the pens to keep a good number of them in rotation. I also carry a single leather slip for a Cross Roller-ball I use for signing documents.
    I completely see the sense of this because of where the clip is.
    I never carry a pen without having it in some sort of a case. It's bad enough imagining how everything else in my bag, such as keys, might scratch the surface of my pen. However, to have my VP pen rattling around in there with the possibility of something pressing against the button and pushing the nib out into something, or bits of fluff and tissue ending up in the small opening at the nib end, has to be worse than slipping the pen in some sort of case to keep it clean/safe.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,418 Posts

At work (a school, for me) my Decimo always rides in my shirt pocket. I own it so that I can get it out and write with one hand, in one motion (The click version of a fountain pen). If it's put away somewhere not as easy to reach and utilize, l have trouble understanding why one would even own it. I don't find it all that comfortable to write with, but it is mighty convenient for a person carrying in a shirt/jacket pocket.

YRMV.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

I’m with TSherbs, my Capless always goes in a shirt pocket. Putting it in a sleeve defeats its
    purpose.

Thanks

The handle in the case is always beautiful, but not practical. Sometimes it's hard to get it quickly.
    I don't use the pen often, it's in my diary in a special place.

Thanks

Use a shirt pocket or button column. It is just a pen/tool, or whatever you chose to call it